• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beware of (little johnny)cockpit visitors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ANA already lost a 747 captain that was stabbed in the neck and murdered by a crazed would be hijacker that stormed the cockpit, I believe that is why they are a little more cautious about security. Don't you ever make fun of my dash mounted Godzilla doll again, ever! :nuts:

I absolutely have to get a dash mounted Godzilla doll.

If you ever come across one buy it and PM me immediately.

Funniest exchange of the month.

The Karl Rove way.

"Voters will always exchange liberty for an increase in (perceived) security."

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

lol sorry but until i see a guy with red hair and freckles start suicide hijackings, thats the way its gotta be.

Not too familiar with the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland, are you? Plenty of cruelty went down there. It was done by Catholic and Protestant guys with "red hair and freckles." Heck, I knew a fella once who's father, a constable, was gunned down in cold blood in front of his family in the name of some abstract political philosophy and a border on some map.

Extremism has had many forms over history. Nazis? Nationalist extremists. The Balkans? Same. Northern Ireland? Plenty of extremism on both sides. The Crusades? Christian extremism... I could go on.

The trick in todays world to to battle ANY philosophy that does not respect the right to exist as the overiding human right that begets all other rights. Any "ideal" that espouses the elimination of a people as one of it's primary tenents is to be rejected and fought against with ardor. The problem is that we too often lack the will to do so.

Islamic extremism is merely the latest permutation of what has been a continual pattern in human history. It is wrong and dangerous. At the same time, if we lump all those from a particular region of the world into one basket, we are committing a similar offense. In the Middle East you also have large numbers of Christians, Druse, Jews, Coptics, etc. Generalization is the mother of all misunderstanding, IMHO. It is equally important to remember that the people dancing in the streets after 9-11 are products of the political and religeous systems that they were brought up in... Systems who were enabled by severe poverty, lack of opportunity and a legacy of European colonial rule in the post WWI world.

The situation in the Middle East is not at all unlike Germany after the Treaty of Versailles. Hitler didn't have to much trouble drawing a crowd in Nuremberg, did he?

Want to end Islamic terrorism? Then we have to find a way to change the conditions that allow it to propogate. Simply locking out people of Middle Eastern descent does nothing but reinforce the idea that they are a victimized culture.

(...Jumps off of the soapbox)

Last edited:
You guys are followers. Be cool, not dorks. Just fly the plane and dont let unauthorized people into cockpit, that simple. We don't need to discuss it for years here.

Just fly the plane and dont let unauthorized people into cockpit, that simple. We don't need to discuss it for years here.

It's said that we don't allow respectful passengers up front anymore domestically inflight. I'll never forget the experience yrs ago I had flying as a young pax on a VA 340 LHR to JFK. Was sitting next to a Britsh Businessman and we were both invited to hang out up front. Man that was so amazing and made me want to finish may ratings pronto. I grilled the FO on "coffin corner" and as he explained it, you could here a bit of aprehension as the captain looked on. I wil lsay this, those Brits form RAF are reall sharp pilots.

The cockpit of the 340 is amazingly spacious compared to the 744. This was mid way over the Atlantic at like FL410.

Not too familiar with the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland, are you? Plenty of cruelty went down there. It was done by Catholic and Protestant guys with "red hair and freckles." Heck, I knew a fella once who's father, a constable, was gunned down in cold blood in front of his family in the name of some abstract political philosophy and a border on some map.

Extremism has had many forms over history. Nazis? Nationalist extremists. The Balkans? Same. Northern Ireland? Plenty of extremism on both sides. The Crusades? Christian extremism... I could go on.

The trick in todays world to to battle ANY philosophy that does not respect the right to exist as the overiding human right that begets all other rights. Any "ideal" that espouses the elimination of a people as one of it's primary tenents is to be rejected and fought against with ardor. The problem is that we too often lack the will to do so.

Islamic extremism is merely the latest permutation of what has been a continual pattern in human history. It is wrong and dangerous. At the same time, if we lump all those from a particular region of the world into one basket, we are committing a similar offense. In the Middle East you also have large numbers of Christians, Druse, Jews, Coptics, etc. Generalization is the mother of all misunderstanding, IMHO. It is equally important to remember that the people dancing in the streets after 9-11 are products of the political and religeous systems that they were brought up in... Systems who were enabled by severe poverty, lack of opportunity and a legacy of European colonial rule in the post WWI world.

The situation in the Middle East is not at all unlike Germany after the Treaty of Versailles. Hitler didn't have to much trouble drawing a crowd in Nuremberg, did he?

Want to end Islamic terrorism? Then we have to find a way to change the conditions that allow it to propogate. Simply locking out people of Middle Eastern descent does nothing but reinforce the idea that they are a victimized culture.

Very well said.. We need more people on here like you; people with views beyond their walls.

CH

,Want to end Islamic terrorism? Then we have to find a way to change the conditions that allow it to propogate. Simply locking out people of Middle Eastern descent does nothing but reinforce the idea that they are a victimized culture.

It's been 3 days already. I'm surprised the far-right nutjobs on this sight haven't labeled you a terrorist-appeasing, America-hating, effeminate-elitist-intellectual-French-surrender monkey yet.

Nice post. You have survived the gauntlet, thus far.

Far right gun-nut reporting for duty...
Good post Lowly.
Carry on!

Latest resources

Back