Beware of (little johnny)cockpit visitors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Nobel prize winning physicist Steven Weinberg:

“With or without [religion] you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion.”

Holy crap. I agree with the Amish Rake...

(...although probably not for the same reasons)

I understand your point, although I do not agree with the framework of your argument. It is completely possible to detest an ideology and still not hate the average middle eastern villager/businessman/mother/son/cobbler, etc. Did we perpetuate the cycle of hate when we fought the Nazi's? No, we called a spade a spade. I have no doubt that many German families caught in the middle only wanted the best for their families, and to see them prosper. Doesn't change the fact that they were identified by a terrible ideology. Its the ideology, not the person. We can have grace and love for a people, and yet still detest a philosophy. I would dare say that the antithesis of Nazism is what our liberating soldiers saw in post war Germany. The "prophet" is very specific on the treatment of non-believers. I have experienced the best of Middle Eastern culture as well - a culture that is thousands of years older than Islam. The best of people that you have experienced - is the antithesis of Islam.

Respectfully -

JR

JR,

By detesting the ideology of Islam by inference you endorse their right to detest the ideologies of Zionism, Christianity etc... which is not only wrong but will ensure conflicts for generations to come.

It takes maturity and character to treat every individual with decency and respect regardless of faith, color, cultural background or beliefs.

I give you the last word...remember:

e plurabis unum.

Respectfully,

fareview

Hi!

Profiling does NOT work!

If you think the above statement is false, you are just plain WRONG!

Supporting info:
1-El Al does NOT profile
2-I read this information, that is actually common sense for once, from US intelligence agents.

Why does profiling not work? Because the targets of the profiling, in this case, muslim extremists, can figure out the profiling, and adjust accordingly. Muslim extremists have been recruiting people of non-Muslim descent purposely to defeat some profiles that they believe to exist.

What works the best is what El Al does. They do NOT profile, because they scrutinize EVERYONE. This practice allowed them to catch a White, pregnant, American woman who was carrying a bomb on to one of their flights. If they profiled by race/religion/origin, as some Americans want us to do, she would have taken the plane down, as she would have not fit the "terrorist" profile.

We cannot, practically, do what El AL does, as it would be too expensive. So, the next best thing is what the military did when screening people coming on base: They do a RANDOM detailed check. The targets of this detailed check also change randomly, so there is no way for "bad guys" to develop a profile, which they can then figure out how to defeat it.

For example, the Security Police would stop every vehicle with a license plate ending in a "7". Then, at a random time, they would start checking every red vehicle. No profile, no way to defeat it.

It is easy to be racist and prejudiced, but it is not right, and it is detrimental to our society.

If you, like I have had in the past, realize that you are thinking or acting racistly, recognize this problem in yourself and fight against it.

I want the best pilot sitting next to me. I don't care if they're female, black, asian, gay, muslim, liberal, fat, tall, whatever. I want my organization to hire the best pilots they can, so that my flight and my airline will be as safe as practical.

cliff
GRB

Last edited:
Dan,

Two things...

If a man comes into your house and murders your family, are you going to call it okay because you know the depth of your own hypocrasy?

I imagine not.

No, but say that guy is a certain race, religion or whatever, I'm not going to judge anyone else because of HIS actions. My point is you can find extremists of any pursuasion. I DO admit that Islam seems to have more than it's fair share. But, in my mind, the only way to improve the situation is by focusing on the majority that ARE good people and trying to cultivate that mentality. By labeling all Muslims as the enemy we force a stand off and everyone loses.
Closer to home, not all longboarders are wave hogs either. I've surfed with longboarders on my shortboard and had no problem because I treat them with respect and don't glare at them like they are the enemy. I've riden my longboard amongst shortboarders and also had no problem and am very careful about sharing.
It all boils down to you have to give respect to get it, you can't force it on anyone.

(You're not turning into one of the SUP guys are you?)LOL

Hi!

Profiling does NOT work!

If you think the above statement is false, you are just plain WRONG!

Supporting info:
1-El Al does NOT profile
2-I read this information, that is actually common sense for once, from US intelligence agents.

Why does profiling not work? Because the targets of the profiling, in this case, muslim extremists, can figure out the profiling, and adjust accordingly. Muslim extremists have been recruiting people of non-Muslim descent purposely to defeat some profiles that they believe to exist.

What works the best is what El Al does. They do NOT profile, because they scrutinize EVERYONE. This practice allowed them to catch a White, pregnant, American woman who was carrying a bomb on to one of their flights. If they profiled by race/religion/origin, as some Americans want us to do, she would have taken the plane down, as she would have not fit the "terrorist" profile.

We cannot, practically, do what El AL does, as it would be too expensive. So, the next best thing is what the military did when screening people coming on base: They do a RANDOM detailed check. The targets of this detailed check also change randomly, so there is no way for "bad guys" to develop a profile, which they can then figure out how to defeat it.

For example, the Security Police would stop every vehicle with a license plate ending in a "7". Then, at a random time, they would start checking every red vehicle. No profile, no way to defeat it.

It is easy to be racist and prejudiced, but it is not right, and it is detrimental to our society.

If you, like I have had in the past, realize that you are thinking or acting racistly, recognize this problem in yourself and fight against it.

I want the best pilot sitting next to me. I don't care if they're female, black, asian, gay, muslim, liberal, fat, tall, whatever. I want my organization to hire the best pilots they can, so that my flight and my airline will be as safe as practical.

cliff
GRB

Very well said.

There's no room for equality with the towel heads. Get that diaper off your head, and leave it for the infants and the elderly....not ignorant, just a native new yorker who knew people who died that day...

yes, you're ignorant...AND a disgrace to the people that died

Last edited:
.........deleted

Last edited:
lol sorry but until i see a guy with red hair and freckles start suicide hijackings, thats the way its gotta be. Ya can't tell a extremist muslim from a regular muslim....that was tried once...in Vietnam. didn't work out too good either.

idiot on the month award

Latest resources

Back