Best on-airport restaurant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JimG said:
"I'll throw in another vote for Enrique's in PNC. Of course, I live here, but would definately make a stop for it."

Enrique's....that's it. Couldn't remember the name yesterday.

mu2cptn.....it's good, but I wouldn't agree with you on not having good Mexican food in SAN. There's a place in Old Town (the old place that's been there for years) that's one of my favorites of anywhere I've ever eaten.

I must have said it wrong....What i ment to say is all the Mexican food in Oklahoma can not come close to the taste of the Mexican food in California (except for Enrique's). The first place i stop after i get to SAN is El Indio's in Old Town (this might be the one you are refering too, i know its been there for at least 20 years).

The Flight Deck at Paine Field, Everett, WA. Descent food, alot of locals, nice patio to drink beer and watch the "green" Boeings flying around.

Not sure of the name, but the place inside the terminal @ Nantucket. Best clam chowder you'll ever have!

Oh yeah, $1 barbque @ XNA (NW Arkansas Reg). Excellent facilities there, and they'll have it ready for you when you land.

CA1900 said:
Ocala! That's so funny; I instructed there for a year, long long ago. Is Sam still serving up the pancakes there? She was always so sweet to us... :D

I guess that was her name, the woman that served us in early December was very sweet. She wouldn't let me leave without putting up a business card on the wall.

I forgot about a couple more.

There's a tiny kitchen (literally 5ft x 8ft) at at HEZ (Natches, MS) where I had one of the best burgers of my life... you feel like you've stepped back into time, the FBO looks like an antebellum home with the big columns outside and an old lady is upstairs in her apron frying up burgers and fries on a tiny apartment-sized stovetop.

Sammie's Touch-and-Go at Pell City, AL (PLR) is worth the 100 hamburger trip. Only open Fri-Sun this time of year. The name is similar to a strip club in Birmingham & Ft. Walton, FL (Sammy's) and I've heard of people getting in trouble when the wife sees the credit card bill for Sammie's... haha.

And I know the rules said no courtesy car, but it's worth waiting on the courtesy car or paying taxi fare to eat at Harbor Docks in Destin, FL (DTS). 3 minute drive from the airport for awesome seafood.

typhoonpilot said:
It has been awhile since I've been there, but Elephant Bar in Santa Barbara was good.
Wow, this thread brings back memories. I used to fly to SBA a few times a year back in the mid-80's. ALWAYS went to the Elephant Bar, and loved it!
Buffalo Burger at Catalina was also a favorite, so was the restaurant at the airport in Big Bear. Seem to remember they had the "Big Bear Burger"?
Anyways, thanks guys, for bringing back fond memories!

navigator72 said:
Cockpit cafe in Sanford, Maine is good for breakfast and lunch (SFM Pasquales at the Auburn/Lewiston airport in Maine is good

I was at both places last week... Both make a mean breakfast - and afforable too.

mu2cptn said:
I must have said it wrong....What i ment to say is all the Mexican food in Oklahoma can not come close to the taste of the Mexican food in California (except for Enrique's). The first place i stop after i get to SAN is El Indio's in Old Town (this might be the one you are refering too, i know its been there for at least 20 years).

Ok....that makes sense now.

Casa de Bandini is my favorite place in OT.

(I had to do a Google search for the name)

SIK: Lambert's Cafe. Off-field but shuttle ride is available. Home of the throwed rolls.

APF: Michelbob's. Off-field but within walking distance. The best ribs money can buy!

STL: 94th Aero Squardron. Go on a warm day and you can be out on the patio which is right next to a taxiway.

Latest resources

Back