• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best on-airport restaurant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoever mentioned the place at Carrol County OH (TSO), I concur. Best pie in the state of Ohio.

I also totally agree with JP's at Bolton Field (TZR), that's some barbecue that's so good it should be illegal.

My alltime favorite has to be the SKy Galley at Lunken (LUK), very good burgers and appetizers and the beer is always nice and cold. I used to work at a flight school in the main terminal building there, and every day at 5 when all of us instructors got off duty we'd go down the hall, through a door, turn right, across the lobby, and right up to the bar. Before long the bartender would even have our seats and our beers all ready and waiting for us.

MIE,
You can taxi up to the restaurant, get a cold one (coke!!:beer: ), your passengers can order from a fantastic wine and beer list, walk back out and get in the air.
Their tuna was fabulous.

OSH

The Hilton has a nice lunch, and you can taxi up to the hotel (except during Airventure).

SFM has a nice NE style breafast place. I third the vote on that.

Princedietrich said:
Whoever mentioned the place at Carrol County OH (TSO), I concur. Best pie in the state of Ohio.

I also totally agree with JP's at Bolton Field (TZR), that's some barbecue that's so good it should be illegal.

Concur with both of these above.

Venango Regional Airport (FKL) in PA - Place called Primo Barone's. Good food and the portions are huge!!

Elliott (074) Mount Victory, OH - Its a grass strip near my home town. It's whole purpose for being open is for this resturant. I haven't been there since I was a kid but it was always packed on nice sunday mornings

Last edited:
There's a nice restaurant at LUK, of which the name escapes me, but the best place I've eaten is at South Lake Tahoe Airport. My friends had their wedding reception there. EVERYTHING was excellent.

On the "It was great, now its gone" list:

Skytel at FXE. Great spot overlooking the both runways at FXE. When you ordered your drink, they would bring you a pitcher with a straw in it. Food was OK (but good enough to draw from outside the airport), but really good pies. Lots of local flavor...all the airport rats drove their golf carts and parked them out in front.

I will admit it was one of those places that if you ate there in the morning, you smelled like it for the rest of the day...

Sadly, it was bulldozed for yet another corporate hangar at FXE. Skytel Cafe was there something like 40 years, and the airport commission didn't even make an attempt to find another spot for them :mad: .

Nu

SCT said:
The Flight Deck at Paine Field, Everett, WA. Descent food, alot of locals, nice patio to drink beer and watch the "green" Boeings flying around.

Actually, it's called the "New Jet Deck." I remember it many years ago when it was just the "Jet Deck" before it changed hands. I guess I'm showing my age with that comment, and I'm not even that old!

Just off the field (walking distance) in Jaffery, New Hampshire (KAFN) is a fantatic restaurant called Kimball Farms. The best homemade ice cream in the Northeast IMO. Hamburgers, Lobster Rolls (mmm!), and hot dogs. Good old fashioned cooked-to-order food. Usually packed all the time during the summer. You can sit right under the final approach and eat your meal under the shadow of NH's Mt. Monadnock.

Just watch out for 'Harvey' at AFN. He likes to pretend he's a tower and tends to think he can override PIC authority of everyone who uses his airport. There are reports of him blocking the runway with his fuel truck because someone was taking off on the "wrong runway" Use at your own risk, if you make it in, well worth it!

Jaffery, NH (KAFN) - Kimball Farms

Latest resources

Back