• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best CRJ Headset.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use the Telex 5x5's and with the custom ear mold kit. Its worth the money, I think I paid $250-60 total for it all with shipping from marvgolden. I hardly notice I have it on after a 14 hour day.

Telex 850, all the "anr" of Bose with no batteries and no bulk! They'll fit comfortably in your nav bag and wear like the telex 750.

Telex 850, all the "anr" of Bose

You've got to be F'in kidding me right? You can't possibly be that dumb. Do you even know what a "Bose" is?

What I can't understand is why David Clark, arguably the king of the ear muff industry, has never (to my knowledge) developed a lightweight headset for jet aircraft. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Though I use Sennheisers now, DC's are a GREAT product. Seems to me if they made a lightweight that lived up to their standard of excellence, jet people would flock to it like white on rice. Don't you think so?

Rabble said:
You Academy guys want so desperately to NOT look like the Cessna pilots you so recently were that you're doing everything you can to look like real jet pilots.

Everything except what you should have done. Gone out and gotten some real experience before you hopped from your Seminole right into an RJ.

Maybe if you had flown some single pilot freight, charter, or flown any kind of turboprop you would be less worried about how you look in David Clarks and more worried about how well you do your job.

YEAH....!!

Chris9702l said:
I have to disagree about the Bose X's. Just got finished with a 4 day trip on the Saab. At the end of the day I couldn't wait to take the things off. I think it is the fact that they go around the ears and there is still a clamping force being applied which feels like a vice after a long day of flying. It's great for a couple hours but after 4 or 5 hours the headache starts. Also don't like the two small pads on the headband. They create a hot spot. Why can't they have a pad that extends the whole length of the headbank to even out pressure (like the Sennheiser's).

Don't get me wrong, they are a great headset but 1K does not buy heaven. Am going to try earplugs with my Sennheisers and see how that feels. I remember wearing them all day in the Avro.

Chris

Ding!

Bose create hot spots and are not that comfortable for long days. I have a pair of the Sennheiser's and go all day long with them with no discomfort. It is the best Turboprop & Jet headset bar-none. I've tried them all. I also believe you can get a discount on them throught the ALPA site.

which model of Sennheiser

???????? I'm looking at buying a set. Which one do you Sennheiser advocates use? I'm in the CRJ.

I had the telex 850 until I flew w/ a captain that let me try his Bose, then I got those and like them much better than the 850's

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back