• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best CRJ Headset.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, I knooooow you're not listening to music while you fly :) I guess if you want to wear the DCs...all the power to ya. I just have yet to be in the cockpit of any jet where I thought DCs would be necessary. To me, they are a prop (or in my case a prop-jet ;) ) thing. To each their own...I'll still chuckle when I see 'em in a jet.

urflyingme?! said:
What companies give free headsets?

Mesaba. They actually come attached to the aircraft. The Saabs have David Clarks and the Avro's have the Telex 750. Wonder what they will put in the CRJ...

I have a barely used Sennhieser HMEC 25-KAS Headset that I don't need. It retails for over $575. I would be willing to let it go for around $400 or so. I have only used it for about 3 months. I have now changed jobs and don't need it anymore.

This headset is perfect for ERJ's or CRJ's. PM me for details.

Below is a description of the headset from the Sennheiser website.

The HMEC 25 is a very lightweight and comfortable closed pilot's headset with NoiseGard™ active noise compensation. Different connector and powering versions are available to suit every conceivable cockpit configuration.

Features Noise reduction of approx. 15 dB – consequently ATC signal can be decreased Lightweight and extremely comfortable to wear

Two-piece adjustable headband ensures a secure fit

Boom microphone with noise-compensated electret capsule Adjustable microphone boom can be turned through 350° and thus be worn

Replaceable microphone capsule and microphone preamplifier

FAA and JAA TSO approval

Last edited:
kmox29 said:
Just PLEASE don't wear the David Clarks. I always chuckle when I see big green earphones in a CRJ.
Nothing says "New-Hire F/O straight out of a 172" then a pair of green D/C in the cockpit of a CRJ or ERJ!! :D

User997 said:
Nothing says "New-Hire F/O straight out of a 172" then a pair of green D/C in the cockpit of a CRJ or ERJ!! :D
Well, I'll tell you, maybe nothin says new hire out of a 172,(or maybe a noisy old 402), than the Big green D/Clark's, but it also says "new hire F/O budget, and can't afford any more payroll deduct either"
Keep using them if you got em, start looking on ebay for the 750's, should get em for $100 or so

CRJ headsets

My career in the RJ I used:

David Clark w/ ear protection
Telex 750 w/ear protection
Plantronics w/ ear mold and ear protection in the other ear.

Then

the Telex ANR and never looked back. Every time I turned the ANR on the avionics fans just disappeared.

I can still pass a first class physical with the doc whispering to check my hearing even at my advanced age.

The Sennheiser HMEC-25KA is indeed a VERY nice headset in the CRJ. I just got one because my old headset was interefering with the windshield heat, which caused a loud hum on the intercom that all could hear.

I wanted to like the Telex 850, but couldn't. It just let in too much noise. The Sennheiser is not as quiet as my old DC's, but it doesn't need to be, and weighs less than 1/2 as much.

This Debate Again...Get the Bose X. Yes I know it costs a lot of money but it's the LAST headset you'll ever need. These light jets are LOUD - if you don't believe it just wait a few years until you start getting questions at your physical's hearing test. The Bose are the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear, the queitest thing you'll ever wear, and sound the best (music, too).

You're a professional - use professional equipment. Yes, even 1st year FOs can afford them on the NO INTEREST monthly plan ($88/mo for 12 mo). It's tax deductable, too. You're going to spend a LONG time in your regional jet - get something that will make that time go be more comfortably.

Someone once said you can tell a true professional by what's in his toolbox - enough said! (I used them in a few light jets...including the CRJ).

AZT

Latest resources

Back