• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best CRJ Headset.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to disagree about the Bose X's. Just got finished with a 4 day trip on the Saab. At the end of the day I couldn't wait to take the things off. I think it is the fact that they go around the ears and there is still a clamping force being applied which feels like a vice after a long day of flying. It's great for a couple hours but after 4 or 5 hours the headache starts. Also don't like the two small pads on the headband. They create a hot spot. Why can't they have a pad that extends the whole length of the headbank to even out pressure (like the Sennheiser's).

Don't get me wrong, they are a great headset but 1K does not buy heaven. Am going to try earplugs with my Sennheisers and see how that feels. I remember wearing them all day in the Avro.

Chris

Bose

The Bose Xs are nice, to each his own, I've heard the jungle jet is loud, wouldn't know being a slow 90 driver. And there is nothing wrong with being in a jet wearing the green muffs. They're classic.:rolleyes:

I just finished a 2:30+ IAH-YYZ leg with the Bose X. I have to tell you, they are worth every penny. There is still some wind noise, but it makes the ERJ sound like a DC-9 up front. Plus, they were comfortable. I didn't even notice I had them on.

In the CRJ I find that the 750's with ear plugs is just about as quiet, and much cheaper, than most of the ANR's out there. I've tried both the ANR's from Telex and well as the Bose X. For the amount of money, the difference was so slight I couldn't justify the extra expense. Plus the 750's fit best in my already crowded flight bag.

I agree, DC's make you look like you just got out of a 172 doing turns around a point.

You Academy guys want so desperately to NOT look like the Cessna pilots you so recently were that you're doing everything you can to look like real jet pilots.

Everything except what you should have done. Gone out and gotten some real experience before you hopped from your Seminole right into an RJ.

Maybe if you had flown some single pilot freight, charter, or flown any kind of turboprop you would be less worried about how you look in David Clarks and more worried about how well you do your job.

I use the Flightcom Danali ANR in the CRJ and I really like them. Just like the comments about the Bose, they cut out so much wind noise as well as the high pitched fan noise. I have experienced poor customer service with Flightcom where you won't find that problem with Bose though.

If you think you will be flying an RJ for quite a few years, I would suggest some good ear protection. It isn't cool to lose your hearing.

SL

kmox29 said:
So you'll be the guy I see in the terminal wearing black Reeboks with their uniform because they're cheaper than dress shoes.

Let me rephrase what I was saying. appearence is extremely important and I think that these guys that walk around with a dirty shirt, untucked, "reebok tennis shoes", and all that other stuff is a soar eye for the industry. What I was refering to was the headsets. Who really care's what headset makes you look like a recent "academy grad" or that you flew a 172. Gotta get your start somewhere. How many passengers actually give a crap what color the pilot's headset is. As if they're sitting back there going "gosh this pilot must not be very professional because he had a green headset". PLEASE! Last I checked regional's aren't making anyone rich so if some poor schmo has to wear around the old DC that he had while instructing so be it.

Rabble said:
You Academy guys want so desperately to NOT look like the Cessna pilots you so recently were that you're doing everything you can to look like real jet pilots.

Everything except what you should have done. Gone out and gotten some real experience before you hopped from your Seminole right into an RJ.

Maybe if you had flown some single pilot freight, charter, or flown any kind of turboprop you would be less worried about how you look in David Clarks and more worried about how well you do your job.

Like go to gulfstream?

msuspartans24 said:
Let me rephrase what I was saying. appearence is extremely important and I think that these guys that walk around with a dirty shirt, untucked, "reebok tennis shoes", and all that other stuff is a soar eye for the industry. How many passengers actually give a crap what color the pilot's headset is.

I agree with the first part of your reply. I have seen many "unmade beds" walking around the terminal. I also don't think the passengers care what the pilot is wearing for a headset. I am just saying that, to me, it looks funny seeing them in a jet. Wear what you want. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back