Best CRJ Headset.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tend to agree with AZ Typed.

The CRJ is the LOUDEST jet aircraft i've ever flown. (i've heard that the ERJ is louder). It's not too bad in cruise, but during climb and high-speed descent the wind-noise is extremely uncomfortable.

Most people who used Telex 750s also wore earplugs with them. Quite a few people wore the Dave Clarks. (Nothing says "furloughed major airline pilot who is concerned about his hearing like Dave Clarks in an RJ")

The Bose is the logical choice if you plan to spend any significant portion of your career in an RJ. Active and passive protection that is second to none. (You think those ear-buds sound good in Clarks... wait till you try them in the Bose!)

Don't sacrifice your hearing to "look cool" in a jet. (is this the next evolution of SJS?)

urflyingme?! said:
What companies give free headsets?

Mesaba provides headsets in all aircraft. DCs in the Saab and Telex in the Avro, and probably the CRJ. About 50% of Saab pilots and 10% of Avro pilots, bring their own headset. Mostly because about half of the DCs in the Saab don't have gel earseals and are uncomfortable, and you don't have to carry around a bunch of Sani-Coms

FurloughedAgain said:
I tend to agree with AZ Typed.

The CRJ is the LOUDEST jet aircraft i've ever flown. (i've heard that the ERJ is louder).

Louder than the Jetstream? The CRJ can get a little lound in the descent down low, but it's still much quiter than most things and the Telex 750 seems to work just fine.

avpro91 said:
Louder than the Jetstream? The CRJ can get a little lound in the descent down low, but it's still much quiter than most things and the Telex 750 seems to work just fine.

FurloughedAgain said:
The CRJ is the LOUDEST jet aircraft i've ever flown.

Need I say more? Otherwise, BAe did a bad job of putting a case around those fan blades.

Guess I'm a cheapo, being that I have a can with a very long ball of string to talk to ATC. Handoffs are always interesting...

Sombody who rags on someone else who wears a certain type of headset is a COMPLETE LOOSER! Who gives a sh!t what type of headset some guy is wearing. I didn't now that this was such a "fashionable" industry.

msuspartans24 said:
Sombody who rags on someone else who wears a certain type of headset is a COMPLETE LOOSER! Who gives a sh!t what type of headset some guy is wearing. I didn't now that this was such a "fashionable" industry.

They're the same guys who wear their sunglasses in the terminal sporting their yellow stitch Sketchers, no name tag, unpressed shirt, no hat and blazer unbuttoned flapping with every step!!

msuspartans24 said:

So you'll be the guy I see in the terminal wearing black Reeboks with their uniform because they're cheaper than dress shoes.

Guess we won't even mention the guys that button ALL the buttons on their blazers...(bottom buttom is always supposed to be unbuttoned...except for military uniforms, which we don't have).

msuspartans24 said:

It's about comfort, noise protection, and value. Relax.

Latest resources

Back