best approach in aviation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BGBW

#1 - Narsarsuaq Greenland A single runway airport down in a fjord. The approach takes you over the cliff, over icebergs in the harbor, with cliffs on either side. The approch is not technically challenging , at least when I did it (during the summer), but has stunning natural beauty. It was about 70F out with an iceberg!! And the water was an unbelievable blue. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#2 - Expressway 31 LGA. Fun to fly, great views, esprecially if you are coming in from the North.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Re: Re: BOS

EagleRJ said:
That is a pretty fun approach, even though it scares the passengers! The TCAS usually chimes in during that approach- "Sink Rate! Sink Rate!"

Another fun one is the visual into Palm Springs coming from LAX. Cross over the mountains at 13,000' on a 20 mile final- cleared for the visual.
'You're on a one-way express elevator to he11, going.......down!'

Funny, I've never heard a TCAS say anything about Ground Proximity... What Mode C code does the ground squawk?

Re: Re: Re: BOS

Loafman said:
Funny, I've never heard a TCAS say anything about Ground Proximity... What Mode C code does the ground squawk?

LOL! I didn't even catch that when I re-read my post!

Kinda like when the other guy calls for the Before Landing checklist....when you're taxiing out to the runway.
I knew what'cha meant!

Also there's this thing called "stabilized approach criteria."

My most favorites...(that I have flown)

Super Bear arrival into Juneau, AK from either the Mendenhall Glacier or Montana Creek (light aircraft only).

Rwy 25 visual into Santa Barbara in the Metro, Brasilia or 737.

Rwy 19 into Las Vegas at night in anything.

Monument Valley (Gouldings) in the Twin Otter. No room for a go-around with that 400' wall of rock at the end of the runway!

Nugget Creek, Alaska. Gravel bar on side of river just north of Glacier Bay.

Cheers!

GP

my favorite

The visual to Guantanamo Bay landing east with 10 knots out of the north.

Anyone been to Saltillo? Definately a favorite.

Another vote for the NY VFR corridor and all VFR flying into LGA.

Latest resources

Back