Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRA

Rollins Rules!
I'm still new to the game, and haven't been everywhere. But my vote is for the expressway visual runway 31 approach to Laquardia. Perhaps even one of the best things in aviation. You fly direct to the LGA VOR, proceed outbound on the 270 radial, and then get vectored directly over the manhattan skyline at 2500 feet. You can see everything...all the buildings, ground zero, all the staduims, statue of liberty. A powerful moment, even dramatic, as you feel almost as if you are in a movie. You could throw a penny off the plane and hit the empire state building. It's a long approach, but still you don't ever want it to end. Then you circle left towards LGA and follow the express way in, turn the corner to 31 right around shea staduim and the you are on 31 and see jets all over the place. You could fly that approach 100's of times and still not see everything. When you're 60 out, and listen to the atis and hear they are advertising that approach, it must make everyones day. We are lucky sept 11 didn't take it away from us. I'm sure they thought about it.

Carmel Visual into Monterey.

Hit Munso, 45degree turn south, and fly over Spanish Bay, Spyglass, Pebble Beach, Cypress Point, Poppy Hills, and Pacific Grove golf courses. Then enter downwind down Carmel Valley, check out the vineyards, and turn base over Clint Eastwoods house and golf course at Tahema. Turn final, pass over Del Monte Golf Course and you're looking at one of the most amazing views in the world of downtown Monterey and Pacific Grove. Add in a killer sunset....paradise.

Mookie:cool:

Visual 36 to Meigs (see left).

It's every kid who grew up on Flight Sim's dream come true!!! Ten times better in person!

Close ties for second would be anything into Aspen, Telluride, Hayden or Gunnison.

Burlington Vt has some good views, especially when you come in over the lake.

Roanoke VA visual 15 is a brass balls approach too. Just shoot up the valley and make a hard right at the gap. Ignore the GPWS warnings. The runway will be visible only when you turn final.

The visual to 18 at Wichita Falls/Sheppard AFB was pretty cool...yanking and banking in a Brasilia. :D

Actually, going into Melbourne, Florida, over the top of the Space Center has been my favorite so far.

But the best approach, by far, is the one that ends at your base at the end of a four-day trip!

I'd say the best approach is the one that gets you initiated into the Mile High Club :D :D :D

36 into Meigs, still remember the first time I flew it on the computer, with the old vector graphics, and planes that barely looked like planes.

Real deal visual to Miegs 36 or 18. Ive done both.

Fun one in the level D was the Checkerboard into Kai Tek.....no longer open.

Latest resources

Back