• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bershire to Sell NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I think NJA Owner may be on to something. In my last five tours, I've been paired with partners who have one of the following: 1.) A&P/AI designations; 2.) dispatch licenses; 3.) licensed meteorologists 4.) PhD. in Business Strategy. Just because they have chosen to fly for a living doesn't mean they they don't bring other skills/insights to the table. Unfortunately, NetJets has chosen to ignore that expertise. While I would agree that letting pilots manage companies is akin to herding cats, NetJets wastes more talent in a day than most companies possess!

As far as the concluding joke about the current "experienced" management leaving, I think there is also some truth in that. The skills necessary to run a start-up are often very different from running the established market share leader. Currently, the level of customer service we are providing is an embarrassment to those of us who have to face the customer - and this has nothing to do with pilot actions. Some really bad strategic decisions have been made in the past 2-3 years, resulting in a complete mismatch between demand and the ability to supply that demand. I have heard senior management officials say "we need to adjust our customers' expectations downward". Job well done, fellas! Why don't you leave before all the customers do!

I thought NJAOwners post was funny. But I was disappointed because I for one would like to be independent of BRK.

Not enamored with pro abortion charities the Chairman contributes to, and the Liberal politics supported.

Some guy said:
That's nice. Why doesn't the company have the money to pay everyone fat paychecks? Because of guys like this who thinks it's funny to ground an airplane in this manner. Or the crew who decides the aircraft is grounded (just to make a point) because a fueling placard is missing on the fueling panel. Do any of you pilots realize that when the company sells a trip, it costs us (and not the owners) money? I'm not certain on all of the financial numbers, but it isn't cheap. A Falcon coast-to-coast trip can cost us $50k+. (Try this 20 times a day and it adds up.) And all because a select few of you think you will get revenge on the company for lack of pay / benefits. I'm curious to know how many millions of dollars are spent each year because a pilot decides he will 'get back' at NJ and ground his airplane. Nobody at the company has any problems whatsoever with you squawking and legitimate issues...But a placard on the outside of the aircraft? I believe that most of our 'professional pilots' don't do these things, but a few of them do. I actually had a crew call me inflight who had just left a service center saying that they would have a tire worn beyond limits when they landed in the middle of nowhere. Most of you guys are awesome and do an excellent job, but when I come in at the beginning of my day, I'm usually pretty good at guessing (by looking at your names and gateways) which aircraft will have mechanical issues. It isn't hard to figure that out.
You must be an ACP. Since this whole thread was started as a joke by NJAOWNER, it should be treated as such. We both know the real reason why the company won't pay "FAT" paychecks to everyone and sell-offs only scratch the surface. Are you volunteering to take a pay cut? How about the rest of management and all of NJ's subsidiaries?

As far as Placards are concerned, it's a hard arguement when the limitations section of an AFM refer to them. I don't know of any pilots who intentionally write things up to delay owner flights. I do know of many pilots who follow the rules though. SAFETY FIRST, right?

Some Dude said:
Maybe I'll take his wife in the back on the next flight and introduce her to the mile high club, then I'll make him fix me a sandwich. What up Biiiiotch!!!

Live4flyng said:
Hey DIPSH!t.

One big classy bunch of aviators, worth every penny you demand... :rolleyes:

All of those NBAA "less-safe", "less-trained", and "less-productive" pilots whose salary you demand act exactly like you do. :cool:

h25b said:
One big classy bunch of aviators, worth every penny you demand... :rolleyes:

All of those NBAA "less-safe", "less-trained", and "less-productive" pilots whose salary you demand act exactly like you do. :cool:
Right back at ya tough guy. Ever heard of the "Golden Rule"? We aren't demanding someone else's salary. You still don't get it, do you? Dipsh!t.

Live4flyng said:
Right back at ya tough guy. Ever heard of the "Golden Rule"? We aren't demanding someone else's salary. You still don't get it, do you? Dipsh!t.

Not sure about "tough guy", definately more class, as shown by my lack of the use of certain terms ("biotch"), other school-yard antics, profanity, and personal attacks...

But at least you're entertaining. But then again, so was Andrew Dice Clay... Haven't heard much about him lately...

Golden Rule...???... Please don't kid yourself. I've done many good deeds for complete strangers on this board... Just have little tolerance for people like you that disgrace our profession. You guys are bringing the rest of the world in to this arguement whereas before we were content with just watching from the sidelines. "Netjetwife" keeps screaming that "pilots are professionals and should be paid as such"... One of her few statements that I don't TOTALLY disagree with. Well sir, you can't just say you're a professional, you gotta act like one too. Especially if you want to go before your management and ask to get paid like one...

Last edited:
h25b said:
Not sure about "tough guy", definately more class, as shown by my lack of the use of certain terms ("biotch"), other school-yard antics, profanity, and personal attacks...

But at least you're entertaining. But then again, so was Andrew Dice Clay... Haven't heard much about him lately...

Golden Rule...???... Please don't kid yourself. I've done many good deeds for complete strangers on this board... Just have little tolerance for people like you that disgrace our profession. You guys are bringing the rest of the world in to this arguement whereas before we were content with just watching from the sidelines. "Netjetwife" keeps screaming that "pilots are professionals and should be paid as such"... One of her few statements that I don't TOTALLY disagree with. Well sir, you can't just say you're a professional, you gotta act like one too. Especially if you want to go before your management and ask to get paid like one...
Regardless of what you think you know about me, I will never have to go before management and "ask to get paid". The pay will come from negotiations as a group only. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, and I have done nothing to disgrace your profession. I have not brought you or the rest of the world into any arguements, feel free to leave anytime.

Live4flyng said:
Regardless of what you think you know about me, I will never have to go before management and "ask to get paid".

Exactly one of your shortcomings... Get a job where you can't hide behind a union and have to prove your worth to a company day in and day out instead of whining...

Live4flyng said:
I have not brought you or the rest of the world into any arguements, feel free to leave anytime.

Your union certainly has... Do they speak for you or don't they ???

Hey H2b you must be one of the rejects that didn't get hired at NJA you sure have a hard on for all of us. Although a small hard on. Hey NJA Owner how come your so smart but ya couldn't even spell Berkshire? Check out the title of your post "Bershire." I never heard of that company. You losers crack me up.

Some Dude said:
Hey H2b you must be one of the rejects that didn't get hired at NJA you sure have a hard on for all of us.

Actually, when I had about 1000 TT I looked at NetJets, did some research, found out what they paid, and thought someone would have to be nuts to fly a Hawker for that kind of wage (and yes, I was flying the Hawker at 1000 TT for a lot more money). I doubt they were gettin the cream of the crop for 27K/yr... The cream of the crop tends to go on to better pastures than NJA.

Seems to me you all would have been better off if you had done the same thing... Now that I think of it, haven't been rejected from any interview... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back