Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Been hearing DEN to be next SWA crew base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been hearing not. More likely TPA, LAX, SMF, PHL, or maybe even SAN. DEN is probably out of the running.

I think SMF is currently off the list. It is our most expensive airport we serve. Time to give SMF a smack down like we did to SEA and ELP.

This is what I have heard from the higher ups. 717s will be moved out of Atlanta. Number 1 on the list is Nashville. The size of the Atlanta operation will be cut in half since it will no longer be operated as a "hub". LAX will most likely be the launch point to Hawaii from the West Coast. Management wants to max out aircraft utilization on the 800, so most likely the aircraft will not be based in LAX, but in some other city so ETOPs crews will do 2 legs to Hawaii. Management wants crews as close to 8 hours of flight as possible for the day. Large metro to large metro, then Hawaii. Guarantees max loads and max crew utilization. 5.5 hrs to Hawaii from LAX, so a 800 base within 2 hours of LAX is probable. DEN? Who knows.

Doesn't the system chief live in DEN?

Im hoping for MCI... then they hire a bunch of MCI locals. Fingers crossed!

X

was in smf last week, ops agent said some negotiators from dallas were in coming in that day or the next to talk to the airport about the landing fee.

does anyone know, did they raise everyone's fee or just ours? i know swa won a law suit yrs ago because lax raised only swa's fee's. if it was only ours i could see how we could go in an negotiate, if it was everyone's seems swa wouldn't have as much leverage.

Doesn't the system chief live in DEN?

He lived in C Springs. He had to move to take the new job in Dallas. He is a big DEN advocate. The asst chief in Vegas is a DEN commuter. He would most likely be chief in DEN were it to open. The company higher ups are no longer saying it's "NOT" Denver like they have been for several months. I have heard rumors the 717 will go to TPA...

I had an Ops Agent tell me in DEN yesterday we will be pushing 200 flights a day there, and may have to add 3-4 A gates if we can't get Delta to move out of C. Also, he said he's hearing the Denver MX base is back on... despite all those tax problems. FWIW

This is what I have heard from the higher ups. 717s will be moved out of Atlanta. Number 1 on the list is Nashville. The size of the Atlanta operation will be cut in half since it will no longer be operated as a "hub". LAX will most likely be the launch point to Hawaii from the West Coast. Management wants to max out aircraft utilization on the 800, so most likely the aircraft will not be based in LAX, but in some other city so ETOPs crews will do 2 legs to Hawaii. Management wants crews as close to 8 hours of flight as possible for the day. Large metro to large metro, then Hawaii. Guarantees max loads and max crew utilization. 5.5 hrs to Hawaii from LAX, so a 800 base within 2 hours of LAX is probable. DEN? Who knows.

PDX...! Please...?

Latest resources

Back