Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Been hearing DEN to be next SWA crew base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would SWA start a TPA 717 base when the aircraft will eventually go away, sooner or later? To me it makes sense that TPA would be the next 737 base since they will already have the pilot base infrastructure in place.

I've been saying it for years, TPA WILL BE SWA International HUB for carribean, central and south america, the airport has the Terminal in the works, that's why they built that Dumb bridge, something about building a Intl terminal where the Cargo facility is now located.

ATL, to busy to run another big Intl operation, MCO, already has the heavy iron from Europe and no way to expand customs on that terminal (they could expand the terminal on the SWA side to build another customs area but that would take time and the government to decide to add customs agents and you know how our government moves)...the drop off and repo of the a/c is not conducive to a large operation, FLL and MIA are already hammered by everyone else! Who serves TPA? Cayman Airways and maybe BahamasAir! Ar one time Delta did a little but i believe that is gone now! Could also be pitched as an alternative to MCO for the Disney area since the theme parks are on the West side of MCO.

Later,
KBB

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back