BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC8 Flyer said:
HA! I wish, I do however get seat #A on the ERJ 99% of the time, so it is like my own little "first class". Seems like all of my travel is always a day or two in warning so we end up paying a higher fare for the short notice. Do you guys at Cappy get your travel farther in advance for reserve lines?

Well, luckily enough we don't really have "reserve" lines that would be similar to other airlines.
We do, however, have "standby reserve" at the hub in TOL. Basically, you go to the airport and hang out for the night, waiting to rescue one of our other flights in the event a problem arises. Alot of times, they try to send the reserve crew to Rockford, as well. I have always been glad that I've never had a reserve line while working at CCIA. With most other airlines, I've heard that a large majority of your first year, you're working like a slave on reserve with no QOL. When I was first hired here, I got a line and have had a real line ever since.

We still only work once a month (approx 2 weeks on/2 weeks off). They only travel us one time per month. The company know what line you're getting well enough in advance that they can go ahead and purchase the ticket for a decent price. They seem to use the RJ's alot with us, too. I hate those gay barbie jet tin cans. I can remember the ATR 72's being much more comfortable. I guess our travel department finds the cheapest fares possible and it usually results in being stuck on a RJ

Guys, Guys, Guys, why must we beat around the bush about what is really going to happen. We all know Peter will sell off ATI to the lowest bidder, or just strip it down like CCIA. You know they cannot run +99% ontime with all those benifits and great pay like we can. We are running with .9 crews per aircraft, and we are STILL doing +99% ontime! You will never see ATI doing that! That is why ATI is going to have to relize their tower is about to fall. We should be happy we are making Chris C look soo good, the more money we make for him the more money we can make. Why don't everybody see that? The office says CCIA is 100% getting the 767's, and ATI will get nothing more than the 8's they have comming. I am comparing prices for 767 types so I can be one of the first to crew the 767 when we get them. I think anybody serious about staying with CCIA should do the same! The more money we save the company the more likely we will keep the 767's! I just wish people would see the more people like me fly overtime the less crews we have to hire and the more money the company saves. Why hire somebody new when there are people that want the overtime. We have ran +99% this year, with less that two crews per airplane. The company needs not to staff, we can do it and keep doing it because we are better than ATI.

Viva CCIA

Wow, now that's good flamebait.

Vegas_727God said:
Guys, Guys, Guys, why must we beat around the bush about what is really going to happen. We all know Peter will sell off ATI to the lowest bidder, or just strip it down like CCIA. You know they cannot run +99% ontime with all those benifits and great pay like we can. We are running with .9 crews per aircraft, and we are STILL doing +99% ontime! You will never see ATI doing that! That is why ATI is going to have to relize their tower is about to fall. We should be happy we are making Chris C look soo good, the more money we make for him the more money we can make. Why don't everybody see that? The office says CCIA is 100% getting the 767's, and ATI will get nothing more than the 8's they have comming. I am comparing prices for 767 types so I can be one of the first to crew the 767 when we get them. I think anybody serious about staying with CCIA should do the same! The more money we save the company the more likely we will keep the 767's! I just wish people would see the more people like me fly overtime the less crews we have to hire and the more money the company saves. Why hire somebody new when there are people that want the overtime. We have ran +99% this year, with less that two crews per airplane. The company needs not to staff, we can do it and keep doing it because we are better than ATI.

Viva CCIA

Nice try, Mr. “Needapayraise”, AKA "Vegas727god", I almost didn’t notice it was you with your 1 post and recent join date!

Now, why don’t you climb onto that Special Needs tricycle of yours with the fourth wheel attached for extra-ensured retard stability and pedal your fat ass down to the sports field and do some “outdoors” stuff for a change. I think your brain needs to rest before it starts to rot from all that festering stagnation and cognitive dysfunction.

Last edited:
Nope, sorry I won't bite, although if you are for real I'm sure that your own pilots will beat the snot out of you before long.

I really hope that none of the ATI guys beleve that this VEGAS 727 DUDE is anyone at Capital. All of us at Cappy want the best for both groups. Lets keep working together like we have been and make this work for all of us.
As for raising our standards like the one guy says, why dont you let us worry about our standards and that way you will have all the time you need to get a life. Oh and the VEGAS dude, man that is some sloppy work on your part for the IP that you used.

Usedtobe said:
I really hope that none of the ATI guys beleve that this VEGAS 727 DUDE is anyone at Capital. All of us at Cappy want the best for both groups. Lets keep working together like we have been and make this work for all of us.

I agree.

I don't know what the deal is with certain posters, but it seems like alot of people like making negative posts regarding CHI/ATI/CCIA and raining on our parade. We're all pilots here, why wouldn't 100% of us be working towards the same goal to try and save this industry. I'm happy everytime something good happens involving any of the other airlines that helps their pilots. It seems like sometimes pilots are so selfish, they're jealous of anything good happening to other pilot groups, and that's sad.

Unfortunately, this 'Vegas727dude' possibly does or has worked for CCIA, soley based on the fact that he knows names of key mgmt. people and our performance percentages. I realize that information is public information, but I doubt somebody like him would go through the trouble of researching it just for the purpose of making a post. Unfortunately, there are people similar to Vegas727dude who are at every airline. People like them make it a long month, having to listen to constant bitching and negativity. If things are so bad, then quit.

For all you ATI pilots, don't worry, Vegas727dude does not represent the majority of us. I've flown with a large percentage of the pilots at CCIA, and most of us don't have an attitude like Vegas727dude. CCIA's not going to come in and "strip down" anything.

I think ATI and Capital are going places and I will gladly give up my RJ seat (Which is not saying much) to come join in on the happenings. Anything to get away from these damn W.S.C.O.D'S.

Just the other day a soggy new 700hr all ATP alumni sitting next to me sopping wet with stupid hat still on turned to me with a far and away look in his eyes and said how glad he was to have finally have quote "made it as an airline pilot." Unfortunately the reaction was me spraying my coke through my nose and all over the glare shield as the male flight attendant freezing his ass off in the doorway saw and heard the whole thing and bent over in fitful tears of laughter pounding the bulk-head with his fist while howling in hysteric fits, after he finally regained his composure turned to mister soggy hat, placed his hand on his shoulder and said " That was the funniest thing I ever heard you may have just made me crap my pants."

Latest resources

Back