BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sardinesnack said:
I think ATI and Capital are going places and I will gladly give up my RJ seat (Which is not saying much) to come join in on the happenings. Anything to get away from these dang W.S.C.O.D'S.

Just the other day a soggy new 700hr all ATP alumni sitting next to me sopping wet with stupid hat still on turned to me with a far and away look in his eyes and said how glad he was to have finally have quote "made it as an airline pilot." Unfortunately the reaction was me spraying my coke through my nose and all over the glare shield as the male flight attendant freezing his ass off in the doorway saw and heard the whole thing and bent over in fitful tears of laughter pounding the bulk-head with his fist while howling in hysteric fits, after he finally regained his composure turned to mister soggy hat, placed his hand on his shoulder and said " That was the funniest thing I ever heard you may have just made me crap my pants."

Now that's a funny post!!! LOL, come on over..we'll be glad to have 'ya.
Midnight

p.s. did the coke burn on the way out of your nose?:eek: That's some funny shiznit.

I was laughing to hard to notice. Of yeah WSCOD = Whistling S*&t Can Of Death for those not familiar.

Best Regards to both groups of pilots, have got the call for the interview.

I understand the Capitol owns some 767-200SF's that are leased to South American operators. How come the Cappy pilots union doesn't demand to fly the planes themselves or replace the ATI DC-8s?

Well I stayed out of it as long as I could but, now here goes! Capital owns around 5 767s and they are leased out for now. Back last October Chris Chorley and his gang sent out an email saying that Bax being sold was just a rumor and the same for ATI. All the while they knew exactly what was going on. They then put the word out that they had purchased ATI pending OK from the powers to be. While all of this was going on our MEC was negotiating a new contract for us. Our then president and vice president had the Chorley
Gang (Peter Fox, George Golder, and of course Chris himself) come up to the hub to try to sell us this supposed great contract. Needless to say they were shot down. Peter kept telling everyone that there was only so much air in the bucket, whatever that means. They could only afford to give us a 2.5% raise and an override of 2.5%. Now this may look good at first until you really study it and you find it stinks. While this was going on they were buying ATI. Are you with me so far? Now Chris and his gang of theives have never given a hoot about the contract with CCIA's pilot group. They ignor the contract anytime they feel like it because they know that the union's war chest is small and that the MEC is weak. The union has never had a big following due to exmilitary FEs and pilots. What the company is doing is creating small battles to be fought so that the union uses up its money and can no longer fight them. It is called union busting. Can you feel my pain? NOW, enter ATI. We all thought that CHI buying ATI was a good deal here at Crappy Central but, alas it wasn't to be. This is where you guys at ATI come in!! Chris and Peter both hate unions and you guys belong to a national union. Good for you!! What you guys have to understand is that Peter and Chris could care less about ATI and the 8s. No, my friends, eventually they will be gone but, not replaced. As you guys at ATI know by now, we here at Crappy are not the best paid pilots by a long shot. Only Cat and Amjet pay worse than we do. You guys on the other hand are paid much better and have better benefits. We here at Crappy get 10 sick days a year and can only carry 5 into the next year. Think about what you get and ask yourself if you think you will continue to get them while we only get 10. I don't think so. You also get to take vacation in conflict with your bidlines while we have to take our vacation on our days off. Do you really think CHI is going to continue to let you have everything that we here at Crappy want and can't get? CHI bought ATI for its overseas routes and military contracts, and to keep the heavy lift in house. As they retire the DC8s, doesn't it make more sense to replace them with 767s and put them on CCIA's certificate and let the lower paid pilots without a national union fly them and over time just kill off ATI and its higher paid pilots? Boys and girls at ATI beware, management here at Crappy are notorius liars. You have a great bunch of guys and girls there but, unless it freezes down below I am afraid you are in for a rude awakening. This is just my gut feelings but they haven't failed me so far.

Well, Vader727 you better check your info. It seems that the proposed sale of ATI to CHI has been shot down. Mr. Fox's finances were a bit dubious at best, his main bankroll for the purchase appears to have come from the same group that purchased BAX Global, the german railroad firm, Deutsche Bahn. We all know that our government after the DHL fiasco takes a dim view of foreign entities buying a us carrier through a thinly veiled shell corporation.

DC8-PFE said:
Well, Vader727 you better check your info. It seems that the proposed sale of ATI to CHI has been shot down. Mr. Fox's finances were a bit dubious at best, his main bankroll for the purchase appears to have come from the same group that purchased BAX Global, the german railroad firm, Deutsche Bahn. We all know that our government after the DHL fiasco takes a dim view of foreign entities buying a us carrier through a thinly veiled shell corporation.

That's only a rumor.

My hope is that you guys and girls at ATI get someone better than Peter Fox and his band of rogues to buy you. If what you say is true that should tell you how Peter operates. They haven't told us the truth in so long I don't think they know how anymore!

DC8-PFE said:

Well it's official, ATI now belongs to Cargo Holdings. It was only a DOT bump in the road that caused the delay.

I (and other CCIA people) heard DOT issues caused the delay, and ATI people like to think it is Capital Cargo CEO's "dubious finances" that caused the delay. Me or you weren't invited to attend the closing, so really nobody knows exactly. Regardless of what anybody chooses to believe, ATI belongs to Peter Fox now.

Latest resources

Back