BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
727Niteflyer said:
Im not saying things are bad here at CCIA at all. I enjoy the flying, the people and the equipment I feel is very well maintained. I have a great QOL that I enjoy far better than my buddies over at the regionals and even some of the majors.

My point is this. We pilots at CCIA have everything to gain in this deal. We have some stability (they just signed a 6 year deal with the germans) and we have the real possiblity of expansion which we havent seen in a loooong time. If management takes any ideas from ATI and implement them here, again we will be better off.

A good example is just in the hotels. Generally ATI puts their crews up in better hotels than we do. If the company decided to use the same hotels all the way around than maybe it will be a step up for us.

The ATI guys on the other hand can easily go backwards. If managment wants to implement more of CCIA efficiencies into ATI to make it more profitable than the ATI crews will probably lose some of the nice things they have. And I guarrantee they are going to have a heavy duty fight on their hands in the contract negotiations.

I think this is a great things for both companies. Maybe now we have a company (the germans) that are really going to commit to moving some freight.

I just feel the ATI crews, which I really like and get along with, are going to have a genuine fight on their hands, the like of which we have been fighting for several years.

That's true, we at CCIA can only gain from all of this. Im my mind, we already have if we truly have a 6 year contract that they will stick with.

Do you think that since we're still seperate airlines and probably always will be, that CHI will start making them stay in the same crappy hotels we do?
That's what I can't figure out, because if the airlines are run seperately, then they would remain in their origional hotels. besides, they have teamsters (I believe) and we don't even have a union, only an association. CHI can't just go in there and change hotels on them if it's already written in the contract.

727Niteflyer said:
by the way, lay off the rj pilot. he is probably a young kid trying to build time. He knows nothing about what we do, our buisness, what we fly, qol or money we make.

I do know one thing about your business. You sure don't make near the money that your counterparts at UPS/FedEx/ABX and Astar make for flying the same aircraft doing the same type of flying. Why is that?

RJDC said:
I do know one thing about your business. You sure don't make near the money that your counterparts at UPS/FedEx/ABX and Astar make for flying the same aircraft doing the same type of flying. Why is that?

I'm no financial expert but I would say, because Fed Ex and UPS have their "own" freight unlike us. They are also a major airline with a huge number of aircraft, where we have less than 15 or so aircraft.

I say, pound for pound, we do pretty well given our size and what we do.

The talk of the 767's going to ATI and the 757's to Crappy does not make any sense. Why would you separate these aircraft on separate certificates? It is a common type rating that would make for a lot of inefficient scheduling compared to both types on the same certificate. It is going to come down to one thing -- cost to operate the aircraft. ATI is a much better company, because thier group has dug thier heels in before. Cappy guys will alway bend over and take what Chorley throws at them.

RJDC said:

Sorry. I don't speak retardese. Can you get someone to translate into meaningful English before you post, please? Trying to get something of value out of your post is like trying to squeeze orange juice out of an apple. Why is it that the people with the smallest minds always have the biggest mouths? A long period of non-posting would be most welcome on your part. I suggest you need Mark Twain's advice; "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Why don't you shrink your head and use it as a paperweight? It's not much use for writing intelligent posts with, that's for sure. If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."

To sum up: you are about as smart as your rubber bow tie and two left shoes suggest, Bozo. Now, go curl back up in your corner, and continue chewing on your toenails.

Last edited:
Sorry for getting off the topic,

CHI purchasing ATI does not have any significance when it comes to the fact that ATI has a union and CCI does not. This is a good thing in my opinion for CCI. ATI’s union would never allow CHI to resort to sub par hotels, lower pay, or any other lower qol issues; this puts CCI in a very good position. CCI now has leverage to join the teamsters, get a pay increase, and stay in nicer hotels now that both companies are going to be owned by CHI.

SaifAir said:
The talk of the 767's going to ATI and the 757's to Crappy does not make any sense. Why would you separate these aircraft on separate certificates? It is a common type rating that would make for a lot of inefficient scheduling compared to both types on the same certificate. It is going to come down to one thing -- cost to operate the aircraft. ATI is a much better company, because thier group has dug thier heels in before. Cappy guys will alway bend over and take what Chorley throws at them.

Cost is definately a factor with CHI and CCIA. I dont' know where you get your information about Cappy pilots bending over and taking it from Chorley. Most people I fly with hate him with a vengence, but I can name you 2-3 that are "yes men" for the company, but you have those types where ever you go.

For the most part, he is hated and we try not to take any of his crap.

Big Pimpin I agree completely with you. Thats why I said before we have nothing to lose in this deal (CCIA that is).

As for 767s, if CHI decides to retire some of the 8's ATI probably will see 76's on the property to replace them. CHI already owns 4.

I really for see though ATI operating the MAC and charter stuff with wide bodies and CCIA taking over a majority of the Toledo freight, either with more 72's or 75's. Like I said they are looking very hard at replacing the 72's because of the price of gas.

And then their is RJDC. I really dont compare my pay to ups, fedex and abex because of our buisness (acmi). I have many friends over at usair, united, and nw that use to brag about how much they made also. Now they are not making much more than I do . Those who are making the big bucks now probably will get knocked down sooner or later. It will be a matter of time before someone gets the idea of making a LCC in the overnight freight buisness and offer to transport packages overnight for 5 bucks. When that happens those in the purple and brown will probably feel the pinch also. To make such a statement as you did shows alot of cockiness and stupidity.

727Niteflyer said:
Big Pimpin I agree completely with you. Thats why I said before we have nothing to lose in this deal (CCIA that is).

As for 767s, if CHI decides to retire some of the 8's ATI probably will see 76's on the property to replace them. CHI already owns 4.

I really for see though ATI operating the MAC and charter stuff with wide bodies and CCIA taking over a majority of the Toledo freight, either with more 72's or 75's. Like I said they are looking very hard at replacing the 72's because of the price of gas.

And then their is RJDC. I really dont compare my pay to ups, fedex and abex because of our buisness (acmi). I have many friends over at usair, united, and nw that use to brag about how much they made also. Now they are not making much more than I do . Those who are making the big bucks now probably will get knocked down sooner or later. It will be a matter of time before someone gets the idea of making a LCC in the overnight freight buisness and offer to transport packages overnight for 5 bucks. When that happens those in the purple and brown will probably feel the pinch also. To make such a statement as you did shows alot of cockiness and stupidity.

Both ABX and Astar are ACMI carriers and they pay WAY more than CCI or ATI.

needapayraise said:
Both ABX and Astar are ACMI carriers and they pay WAY more than CCI or ATI.

That's because, as you know, ABEX and AStar weren't ACMI carriers until the German buy-out. The ACMI carriers like CCIA and Kalitta will eventually bring their pay up, but it will take time. For now, the pay isn't bad, and it's certainly better starting pay than the regionals. That much is certain.

Latest resources

Back