BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL737FO said:
Maybe Cappy can now use those four 767's that the parent company owns and wet leases back out.

Please explain. I don't see any correlation between BAX being sold, CHI purchasing ATI, and CCI operating 767s. I am not trying to be confrontational; I just don't see what you are getting at.

There is a pilot on another website discussing a rumor that CCI is going to replace ATI DC-8s with 767s. ATI is a very profitable airline and does very well not only domestically, but also internationally with AMC charters. I do not see how anyone would ever think that CCI could operate 767s in place of ATI DC-8s. If anything, I would think that ATI would be the ones to buy their own newer aircraft to eventually replace the DC-8.

When everything is final with CHI purchasing ATI, I would think this is a good thing for both companies. I think that both CCI and ATI can grow and continue to be profitable in the years ahead.

Last edited:
a lot is going to depend on what the germans want to do with the airfreight division. Hopefully they will want to expand to compete with DHL and we will all see new aircraft and routes.

The only thing I can say about ATI and CCIA is that CCIA has been cut bare to the bones. On paper I would guess that they look far better than ATI does (profitability that is). If I was a CHI share holder and a bunch of new routes and aircraft were offered from the Germans, I would want to grow the company that is going to generate the most profits.

I would take a guess that ATI would continue the mac routes and charters but as far as the bax freight, you might see CCIA replacing some of the ATI aicraft with new ones or see some more 72's in toledo.

big pimpn' said:
Please explain. I don't see any correlation between BAX being sold, CHI purchasing ATI, and CCI operating 767s. I am not trying to be confrontational; I just don't see what you are getting at.

What I'm saying is that they already own the airplanes but have not had the opportunity to fly them. Maybe now that Peter F. is in with the Germans that maybe Cappy pilots can actually fly airplanes owned by their company. I'm not saying that they take your flying.

I appreciate your response; I think that that would be a very good situation for CCI. The thing that I disagree with is the notion that CCI is going to replace ATI aircraft in the BAX system. I think the most important thing to keep in mind during this transition is that CHI would not invest in two airlines unless they have plans for continued growth and success for both ATI and CCI.

Personally I think the ATI guys are in for a rude awakening. I just hope that the powers to be doesnt go over to ATI and start stripping it of its assets. We could very will end up with 767s doing the ATI routes for bax.

Lots of rumors already about 757s on the property to replace the 72s (lots of fuel issues).

Like I said its going to depend on what the germans want to do with the air freight market and what CHI wants to do with ATI.

Maybe CCI bought ATI to get the BAX flying for themselves and they intend to transfer the flying to CCI with 767's?

Here's a theory:
Maybe since ATI has always and probably always will operate heavies, ATI "may" possiblibly be the ones to start flying CHI's 767's. That is, unless P.F. thinks that he can make more $$ by having them leased out to DHL or wherever it is he's leasing them to.
Sure, the 727's are money making machines for the ACMI's, but only because they're not paying for the fuel to operate them.
I've also heard that if CCIA does get a new aircraft, it will probably be the 757. CCIA has always flown narrowbodies, and the 757 will be a perfect upgrade.

Midnight Flyer said:
Here's a theory:
Maybe since ATI has always and probably always will operate heavies, ATI "may" possiblibly be the ones to start flying CHI's 767's. That is, unless P.F. thinks that he can make more $$ by having them leased out to DHL or wherever it is he's leasing them to.
Sure, the 727's are money making machines for the ACMI's, but only because they're not paying for the fuel to operate them.
I've also heard that if CCIA does get a new aircraft, it will probably be the 757. CCIA has always flown narrowbodies, and the 757 will be a perfect upgrade.

That's about the dumbest theory I've heard on this board, and that's saying something! What does a heavy have to do with only ATI being able to fly it? Are you saying that CCI pilots because the fly a "small" 727 can't handle a big, bad 767? That's the same type of crap that the pax mainline pilots pull on us all the time.

Latest resources

Back