• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right, CCIA does have an in house union. To be more specific, I am hoping that with the acquisition CCIA can come over and join the teamsters. As you pointed out, this would further unify both pilot groups at ATI and CCIA.

To DAL737FO, I suppose I did not word my comments exactly the way they should have been. Let me clear it up a little bit. Must of us know that you were a crewmember at CCIA and that you left and returned to Delta which most if not all would have done in your case. I sincerely wish you the best there. My point was and is,event more so to the RJDC guy, if you are trying to add to the "dark side" of what may or may not happen as a result of this latest change in our jobs at CCIA and ATI, please don't do that. There are those of us who work at both of these companies who want to continue working here and try and make things better for both groups. WE all have a common goal now and we will be more successful if we try and work together. As some here have said, this is a great opportunity for all of us at both companies. Oh and by the way DAL737FO, why did you assume that I worked at ATI??? That was your first wrong assumption, but not that important. AS for the RJDC guy,do the rest of you guys remember when you were new with 5000 hours and had all the answers?

Usedtobe said:
As for the RJDC guy,do the rest of you guys remember when you were new with 5000 hours and had all the answers?

I remember when I was new, and you're right; alot of us go through somewhat of a confidence stage, thinking we know it all. I just can't recall ever running my mouth like RJDC has, which only makes him look stupid.
It's just irratating when people like him jump in this thread stirring the pot.

Speaking of stirring the pot, it seems like the only positive posts relating to this CHI/ATI/CCIA thing is coming from us Cappy and ATI pilots. All of the negative posts seem to be from jealous outsiders or disgruntled ex employees. (not talking about you, DAL737fo, you're ok in my book:D ).

I don't know who RJDC is, but it's obvious he is either a former employee or somebody who quit and is now kicking himself in the a$$ because of it. There is no reason a regional pilot would hold such an interest in this thread unless he has worked here.

needapayraise said:
Just wait till some upstart LCC cargo airline comes along and underbids you for the BAX flying.

we have been fighting off the likes of cat and expressnet for the past 4 or 5 years. Hopefully this 6 year contract will finally allow us some room to breath.

The money today is in the key word back at the beginning of this thread, logistics. Logistics is the key phrase to controling freight, where and how it travels, by controling the system rather than just providing simple lift from a to b. Many of these companies look at the air operation as a necessary evil. they make all their money on other parts of the business.

Don't think anybody is kicking themselves in the shi%#er for leaving Cappy, getting a bit high on ourselves aren't we?

mrvmo said:
Don't think anybody is kicking themselves in the shi%#er for leaving Cappy, getting a bit high on ourselves aren't we?

Well I think that those of us here at Cappy and ATI are really thinking that this could turn in to a very good thing. If the Germans wanted to expand the airfreight buisness than we (both companies) are going to be the ones doing it. I dont know whether anyone would regret leaving. Lord knows I regretted some of the decisions Ive made in the past. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that the decision to stay here might turn out to be a good one.

Brinks has had no interest in the past of committing any resources into bax. Those of us that have been flying the system have watched freight loads sky rocket yet bax doesnt want to add airplanes or expand. All of the employees of both companies are thinking this could turn into something good.

It seems inevitable that if your in aviation long enough you make a bad decision that you later regret.

RJDC said:
I do know one thing about your business. You sure don't make near the money that your counterparts at UPS/FedEx/ABX and Astar make for flying the same aircraft doing the same type of flying. Why is that?

Sorry RJ, I don't know where you get your information from but ATI-BAX are not in the same category of business as Fed EX/UPS/ABX. ABX is now trying to get into the ACMI, FED EX/UPS/DHL fly very different cargo. They still depend on the next day letter/package stuff as BAX moves the bigger-heavy freight. We fly same planes but business is very different.

Latest resources

Back