BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dsee8driver said:
Sorry RJ, I don't know where you get your information from but ATI-BAX are not in the same category of business as Fed EX/UPS/ABX. ABX is now trying to get into the ACMI, FED EX/UPS/DHL fly very different cargo. They still depend on the next day letter/package stuff as BAX moves the bigger-heavy freight. We fly same planes but business is very different.

His information is correct as now both ABX and Astar are strictly ACMI carriers just like ATI and CCI. And since we bought Menlo, UPS will be flying the SAME type of cargo that you do, heavyweight freight. So instead of ABX and Astar going down to your level for pay and benefits for ACMI carriers, you should press your union to go up to their level or even our level as we now do the same thing you do!

I am so confused. Why is it that you guys at other carriers(like UPS) are so intent on popping the "happy bubble" that the crews at CCIA and ATI are enjoying right now. If you guys think that we in "our" new group are staying awake at night worrying and wondering what you guys are up to, then relax cause we are not. We are to busy smiling right now and enjoying the fact that we will have a good Christmas in the group and not wonder if anyone is going to loose their jobs at the end of the year! While I understand that you may be the type that just wants to make an input, why don't you do us all a favor and try, just try and be positive for us just once. I bet you might even feel a little better about yourself afterwards. If not, at least you will have tried to not be selfish.

Why don't you for a change try to raise yourself and your pilot group to the level of your new peers, ABX and Astar, instead of just being happy to have a job at any price. But if you want to fly around a DC-8 or 727 for way less than what your peers are now doing then have at it.

needapayraise said:
Why don't you for a change try to raise yourself and your pilot group to the level of your new peers, ABX and Astar, instead of just being happy to have a job at any price. But if you want to fly around a DC-8 or 727 for way less than what your peers are now doing then have at it.

Just to put it in perspective. It cost the company about 1600 bucks for a roundtrip ticket to get me to work from where I live. I do that on average 1.5 times a month. If you take that money and add it to my second, third, fourth, etc year pay it equals what a UPS FO would make. I'll take a little less pay and get to be home based. Just my opinion.

needapayraise said:

Thank you! We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view, you ridiculous little carnival freak. Your ineffective imitation of good posting style only serves to illuminate your lack of substance, good taste, and decency.

DC8 Flyer said:
Just to put it in perspective. It cost the company about 1600 bucks for a roundtrip ticket to get me to work from where I live. I do that on average 1.5 times a month. If you take that money and add it to my second, third, fourth, etc year pay it equals what a UPS FO would make. I'll take a little less pay and get to be home based. Just my opinion.

Jesus H. Christ!! Where do you live, Asia?

Midnight Flyer said:
Jesus H. Christ!! Where do you live, Asia?

Actually it was 800 bucks, yeah I can add :nuts:. Point is still the same though

DC8 Flyer said:
Actually it was 800 bucks, yeah I can add :nuts:. Point is still the same though

For that much you'd better be in first class!!:D
I am for the most part 100% happy with the travel they provide at CCIA, however, sometimes we get routed "the long way" just so they can save a little $$.

Midnight Flyer said:
For that much you'd better be in first class!!:D
I am for the most part 100% happy with the travel they provide at CCIA, however, sometimes we get routed "the long way" just so they can save a little $$.

HA! I wish, I do however get seat #A on the ERJ 99% of the time, so it is like my own little "first class". Seems like all of my travel is always a day or two in warning so we end up paying a higher fare for the short notice. Do you guys at Cappy get your travel farther in advance for reserve lines?

Latest resources

Back