• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Base Realignment for Pincha-nickel!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No kidding, we have just as big if not bigger mess in progress with the pending closing of DTW Saabs and LGA opening (with NO nonstop flights between LGA and any current base on US Airways to move reserves there if needed for this ramp up)

I think the difference is the seniority of the pilots involved. By the time these senior pilots use their 'bumping' rights this could easily see 200 to 250 pilots, or 20 percent of the PCL group, change seats and or domiciles. None of them will be where they want to be.

There has been a long running rumor of an ASA MEM base. We're constantly DH'ing crews back and forth. Could this all be connected?

Disclaimer: I'm not rooting for it, am happy in my current base, and in no way wish anybody gets involuntarily displaced.

There has been a long running rumor of an ASA MEM base. We're constantly DH'ing crews back and forth. Could this all be connected?

Disclaimer: I'm not rooting for it, am happy in my current base, and in no way wish anybody gets involuntarily displaced.

We can't blame the pilots, but if you guys were to leave MEM... we wouldn't have this problem.

ATL would be better without PCL, Comair, Skywest, Shuttle etc... CVG would be better for the Comair folks without CHQ, ASA, etc... ORD would be better for SKYW without XJT, ASA, etc...

I'm not really sure what your point is. The days of mainline only having one carrier dominate a base ended with the Comair strike. None of these decisions are made the pilots either. Also, and added benefit for regional management is to use that against us in negotiations. They'll park MESA or somebody else outside of your crew lounge and say "look who we have to be competitive with". It adds to the whipsaw.

Wow, things must have been REALLY bad at Pinnacle if a simple realignment is creating such a stir. *roll eyes* Welcome to Mesaba's life since I got here 6 years ago.

Yeah, your right, this is the only thing Pinnacle pilots have had to deal with over the last 6 years.....

Don't be a ******************************.

Latest resources

Back