• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Base Realignment for Pincha-nickel!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A displacement without vacancies (or less vacancies then people displaced) means a furlough.

A displacement with vacancies is..... a displacement.

Should be interesting. Probably a lot of people bidding back to FO to stay in base, additional FO displacements because of downgrades, upgrades with extended training events (to replace the voluntary (not really) downgrades, and dozens of additional call in honest events per day because people can't get to their sh!ty new domiciles.....

This should be GOOD entertainment. And sadly, a lot of unneeded pain and hardship (yet again) for Pinnacle pilots.

Its going to be interesting now that it is officially a displacement. 100 memphis pilots will no longer be memphis pilots. Those who base hop will probably take the displacement but the commute from MEM to DTW is only 4 flights a day and they area always full and the MEM JFK sucks and then you factor in the upcoming SLI and you have some big decisions to make. I think that JFK will be filled with people wanting to upgrade, and DTW will have a lot of MSP captains who were bumped. I worry about the junior DTW caps as well who were just starting to get off of reserve after 3 agonizing years of pinnacle reserve, will they get pushed back farther now?

Its going to be interesting now that it is officially a displacement. 100 memphis pilots will no longer be memphis pilots. Those who base hop will probably take the displacement but the commute from MEM to DTW is only 4 flights a day and they area always full and the MEM JFK sucks and then you factor in the upcoming SLI and you have some big decisions to make. I think that JFK will be filled with people wanting to upgrade, and DTW will have a lot of MSP captains who were bumped. I worry about the junior DTW caps as well who were just starting to get off of reserve after 3 agonizing years of pinnacle reserve, will they get pushed back farther now?

The bottom 10 or 15 ATL CA's are at risk too. A number of mid seniority MEM CA's that commute will consider going to ATL for the relatively easier commute plus the expense check. A number of cities are down to just two flights a day to MEM. Expect to see a small number of CA's hang out long enough for the expense check - and then quit. A small number of CA's in both MEM and MSP will bid back to FO to avoid a nasty commute. They will mostly be senior enough to hold just about any CA vacancy that comes open in the near future. The wild card is the ATL FO seat. Most of them at the bottom won't be paying attention when they get bumped out of ATL. It won't surprise me to see a couple of 200 CA's bid ATL FO so they can hold a line.

Wow, things must have been REALLY bad at Pinnacle if a simple realignment is creating such a stir. *roll eyes* Welcome to Mesaba's life since I got here 6 years ago.

Wow, things must have been REALLY bad at Pinnacle if a simple realignment is creating such a stir. *roll eyes* Welcome to Mesaba's life since I got here 6 years ago.

No kidding, we have just as big if not bigger mess in progress with the pending closing of DTW Saabs and LGA opening (with NO nonstop flights between LGA and any current base on US Airways to move reserves there if needed for this ramp up)

Latest resources

Back