• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ball caps when flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I make a paper hat out of my enroute chart...it keeps the sun off my grape and I always know were to find the chart.

Frugal pilot

Anybody remember how the 727 would "cold-soak" your outboard arm on long night flights? Well, one F/O decided to cut the right sleeve off an old sweater and wear that, saving the left sleeve for when he upgraded. :D

Ive been wearing a baseball hat for a few years now, never had anybody including FAA, check airmen, or chief pilots say anything about it. I think its actually in our FOM that they are allowed as long as the cockpit door is closed.

I have been looking for a big foam cowboy hat or sombrero or maybe a big afro wig to wear. Id like a real gigantic sombrero, but I have no way to lug it around and not look like a total jackass at the airport, I could at least roll up a foam one.

someone mentioned skin cancer, yes, I agree, I wear sport sun block everyday

but i aint wearing no ball cap in the cockpit

THAT is the most anal thing I have ever heard!

No, anal was our now-retired senior captain that carried around a pen-sized digital recorder making notes to himself about tips to line service, squawks on the airplane, etc. and also carried a shower head and wrench for his hotel room shower....

>> ....carried a shower head and wrench for his hotel room shower.... <<

Oh......My......God................

I think I'm going to start carrying one of those bobble-head hula dancers to stick on the top of the glare shield....

Latest resources

Back