• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ball caps when flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what is the deal with gloves? I have luckily never flown with anybody who wore gloves. now that is gay

We have a guy at AirTran that wears gloves for takeoff and landing. He's actually a pretty good guy, but I don't understand the gloves. Weird.

We have a guy at AirTran that wears gloves for takeoff and landing. He's actually a pretty good guy, but I don't understand the gloves. Weird.

Gloves? Probably one of those neurotic germ a phobes. Did you ever ask " What's up with those gloves?" I think he would be hounded and pimped to death where I work. Had a new guy start with the baseball cap and he too was schooled on that. Same with the cowboy, harley buckle and cowboy, engineer boots. All falls under the same category. "Dork Wear". Wear on the street at home, but not at work. No "McCloud" impersonators.

Are they the cage-fighting kind with the fingers cut off?

I bet they are the Michael Jackson kind with the fingers cut out. Where's my Tito? Heeeee..........Heeeeeeeeeeeee................

Or what about the 24 hours of Lemans official racing gloves. The ones with all the holes in the back for extra ventilation. The only thing missing is a helmet.

FWIW, Last captain I flew with wore one the entire time...including the leg with a Fed in the jumpseat....

The lap napkin. Uses it for 12 legs in 4 days, each time puts it into his flight kit, which then contaminates the flight kit, which doesn't have a napkin to protect it. After a couple of years of flying there are more germs in that flight kit than there will every be on the pants that get drycleaned once in awhile.

For those that are questioning the ability to don the mask with a ball cap on....Lemme ask how easy is it to don the mask wearing glasses? I wear sunglasses and I always take them off before I put the mask on. I think I tried to put it on one time with sunglasses still on and boy that hurt and it nearly bent my glasses.

Ballcaps are a great way to keep the sun glare out of your eyes. Ask anybody who plays baseball or flies an airplane.

For those that are questioning the ability to don the mask with a ball cap on....Lemme ask how easy is it to don the mask wearing glasses? I wear sunglasses and I always take them off before I put the mask on. I think I tried to put it on one time with sunglasses still on and boy that hurt and it nearly bent my glasses.
With multiple 737 types in the fleet, there are also multiple mask types. Some are roomier than others, some have the eye mask incorporated into the O2 mask, others have separate eye goggles. Each type fits over glasses, but it takes doing it a few times to figure exactly how to do it without jamming the glasses into your face. Taking the mask off is more of an issue than putting it on as the mask inevitably catches on the frames.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back