Bags?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Apache 5

Saw the thread on shoes. Starting class and guess I need a bag...seems alot of people have the Travelpro. I've head the purdy neats are a bit better, but more expensive. Any thoughts, tips would be appreciated.

Posted this on another thread:

I just bought my first new roller bag in 12 years of flying. Another PNT Stealth737 to replace my old one (and my old one is still in working order). I wanted one without the Southwest Airlines logo on the front. Although they've gone up in price (I paid $110 for my first one), I think they're worth every penny. A little heavy, yes, but I've used mine on 4-5 three day trips per month, plus several vacations, checked it, had it thrown into and out of probably 1500 or more hotel vans, dragged it several blocks back and forth to a crashpad and it is still in good shape! I've replaced the wheels a few times, and sent it to PNT a couple of times for refurbishment, for a modest charge. Good product and good service. I'm a customer for life.

The purdy neats are absolute tanks- they will take a heck of beating and last forever. The only negative is they weigh as much as a tank with the metal frame. I am personally a cheap bastard and have used the same Samsonite for the last 5 years. I used to live in Denver and got a great deal at the Samsonite factory outlet (also they give pilots 25% off the already good prices there if you tell them your a pilot). I would suggest getting a quality bag that will last a long time- I see a lot of FOs going on 2 cheap bags a year and they would save money overall if they just got the good bag. I'll probably get a purdy neat next now that I am finally a captain and can afford a little more, but the $100 I spent on the Samsonite has been well worth it.

go to costco and buy their bag, they have a lifetime warranty, you just take it nback and they replace it on the spot!

propsarebest said:
go to costco and buy their bag, they have a lifetime warranty, you just take it nback and they replace it on the spot!
...or go to WalMart. They have a black roll-aboard for $22 and change. I don't know the brand but it has a red "R" on the zippers. Looks fine, will last about 5 months before the wheels go. Then return to WalMart for a replacement. I'm on my third one.

Save your money for beer and condoms.

Edit:BTW it fits perfectly in the CRJ overhead.

joe_pilot said:
...or go to WalMart. They have a black roll-aboard for $22 and change. I don't know the brand but it has a red "R" on the zippers. Looks fine, will last about 5 months before the wheels go. Then return to WalMart for a replacement. I'm on my third one.

Save your money for beer and condoms.

Edit:BTW it fits perfectly in the CRJ overhead.

Think they discontinued that, based upon my last trip to WalMart. My LuggageWorks/Purdy Neat arrived today, and tomorrow at first light, my Walmart bag and I are going to the parking lot for a little meeting with the dumpster.

Latest resources

Back