• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

bad Delta PR

Abernathy

Truthiness
Total Time
Lots
"A company spokesperson noted that Ellicott is a first officer, which is the lowest rank of pilot at the company."

Just how many pilot ranks are there at Delta? I was surprised this didn't follow:

"As opposed to a Captain, which the sole pilot of US Airways 1549 was."

Last edited:

SLUF4

Total Time
Yeah really..I thought the same thing. They sure are dogging FO's lately

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Met him on a number of occassions. Seemed like a very nice and laidback guy. Who would have thought....

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
"A company spokesperson noted that Ellicott is a first officer, which is the lowest rank of pilot at the company."

Just how many pilot ranks are there at Delta? I was surprised this didn't follow:

"As opposed to a Captain, which the sole pilot of US Airways 1549 was."

Just like Ricky Bobby says, "If ya ain't first, you're last."

realmanofgenius

midget wih a big penis
Total Time
Rodney Dangerfield once told a joke:

yeah, they said he was a quiet man...yeah...then He picked up an ax and murdered the whole family..

they thought the BTK killer was a nice man. even taught sunday school.

Evil has a pretty face and a good disposition in this world. yet we are amazed when it lashes out.

those poor little children. God bless them! and the Mrs.

Last edited:

Linedriver

Total Time
Man that's bad! Dont think this will reflect negatively against Delta though. With over 12,000 pilots, which is a population of a small city, there is bound to be a rotten apple in the bunch.

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
yep, the apple theory is true.

it is shame that DAL's PR dept would be compelled to issue a statement. And the one they issued shows this to be true. They actually saw a liability and as they pointed out he was not the captain.
I guess they felt the need to draw a distinction between the hero sully, of US Air, who was a captain and their degenerate FO.

Sad, but true since their statement bears this out.

slinky

Total Time
UTC-5
The only good points are that this guy is not able to hurt his family and it just freed up a 765 spot.

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
in prison, the thugs have a special love for women beaters and cruelty to children.

can you believe there is code of ethics in prison?

obviously sodomy isn't part of the code...

Day 798.... nope , don't think I need a shower today.

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
"Not a flight risk..."

haha

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
Give me a break. You think only pilots do these things? Do you really think the public gives a sh!t whether this guy is a pilot or not. 9 out of 10 people who read this article won't even remember his profession 10 minutes after they read it.

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
I'm surprised he was able to slip through the stringent interview process... *rolling eyes*

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
They gave a PR blip because they were called and asked to make one by the Fayette Paper.

I echo Peanuckle's comments. He was a really nice guy. I often wonder what makes a person go from nice to doing something like this. It is truly sad for all of those involved.

Scope out RJ's

Banned
Total Time
re: bad DL PR

Fluf:
I disagree. I don't think its bad PR.
Its not like this guy showed up drunk for a trip, got caught and called in sick like some southwest pilot.

Cobraair75drvr

Total Time
12000+
I have been wondering when this would finally make it to FI. It has been on the nwalpa board for a few days now. Of course, outside of the normal comments of disgust it only took about 3-4 posts before someone asked what his seniority was. Typical pilots, even though most of us were thinking it.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Hey most airlines have had to deal with pilots doing dumb things on and off duty. Those who live in glass houses....

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Yeah, It came out on Friday in the local paper. I was floored it too so long to make it here.
I pray for the wife and those poor children.

jester757

Total Time
Huh?
I had breakfast with him two weeks ago... NEVER would have thought this, never. My prayers are with his family.

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
Sometimes de Biatches can drives de Mens crazy.

At least she escaped "The Eastern Wood Chipper Treatment".

Sometimes, it's NOT "Cheaper to Keep Her".

Geez, just walk out the door for the proverbial pack of smokes and don't go back.

Nobody deserves being used as a punching bag...and he will pay dearly for it for the rest of his Life.

YKMKR

Last edited: