• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BA 777 "lands short" at Heathrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For crying out loud, can we segue back to the matter at hand and leave the "crooked teeth" broad strokes on the regional board?

Bog, your comment was priceless.

Last edited:
Maybe the hard landing straighten out their teeth and knocked some of that green stuff out from in between their teeth?

I'm sure they have equally insulting ways to describe us. But to do it in relation to an aircraft accident is below the standards of most people.

Preliminary CVR analysis:

Nigel: I say, is it getting a touch quiet in here?

Barnaby: Indeed, my good man.

[impact]

Nigel: Bloody hell.

Barnaby: Good show, my dear chap! Care for a cup of tea?
Hilarious! I remember riding the jumpseat on CX many years ago and this was how the banter was between the CA and FO!

"Engine failure...Oh blast! Max thrust, checklist, spot of tea, 2 sugars please." All while wearing the long white wigs from the old days!

I don't have time to look up the link, but I think what's being referred to is the fairly recent British Airways 747 that lost an engine on takeoff from LAX (tower notice flames), elected to continue to London on three engines, but had to declare a fuel emergency and land in Scotland.
Wasn't there some sort of heavy fine by the EU against airlines that displace passengers, pressuring these guys to continue onward? Not that that's a good reason, just remember hearing about that.

When a British Midlands crew lost the left engine and then shut down the right engine they were claiming that the only possible explanation was that the throttles were 'cross-wired', since British pilots [think that they] don't make mistakes.

Similar to Egypt air; after the F/O went nuts and crashed their plane, the country of Egypt went into denial "Our men here don't have mental problems! It must have been something else!"

Wasn't there a 767 on the way to Hawaii a few years ago that had a dual engine flame-out due to some fuel pump/ transfer procedure or something? They re-lite of course.

Very Strange indeed.. glad everyone got out ok... but with all that damage to the under carrage, center tank ruptured for sure.. and no Fire?? wow.... BA does not have dispatchers... but I am told they do re-dispatches for the long haul flights so they can reduce the fuel loads thus costs at the out stations.. re-dispatches can be a slipery slope if not monitored carefully.. just saying.. Im sure time will tell, its just too Ironic that they just managed to touch down w/o engine power just over the fence... almost like our old engine out emergency training and making it to an open field...

Very Strange indeed.. glad everyone got out ok... but with all that damage to the under carrage, center tank ruptured for sure.. and no Fire?? wow.... BA does not have dispatchers... but I am told they do re-dispatches for the long haul flights so they can reduce the fuel loads thus costs at the out stations.. re-dispatches can be a slipery slope if not monitored carefully.. just saying.. Im sure time will tell, its just too Ironic that they just managed to touch down w/o engine power just over the fence... almost like our old engine out emergency training and making it to an open field...

The center tank would have been empty and redispatches have been routinely used for a long time. I find it hard to believe they don't have dispatchers yet fly all over the world.

Latest resources

Back