• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BA 777 "lands short" at Heathrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yea...just saw it on FOX. Very blurry/grainy cell phone pic.

Looks the both mains are collapsed...slides were deployed.

well, looks like he still made the rwy.

I'm watching a live feed from BBC, over here.

Evidently the BA Flt declared an emergency then turned toward the runway.

There is a lot of spectator eyewitness BS being spread right now, and no facts as of yet.

BBC is now interviewing a BA Captain, and he says this just doesn't happen to British pilots. Therefore, it must be a severe damage emergency or windshear or geese ingestion into the engines to cause the airplane to have a problem prior to touchdown. He said at least three times, "This just doesn't happen to British pilots. We are well trained. It had to be an aeroplane or weather problem."

Doesnt happen to BA pilots? Dont they hire their guys with something like 500hrs? Either way Im glad everyone is ok. It could have been totally diffrent.

No, BA has a litle bit better pool of applicants than many other foreign carriers.

They usually go to flight school in the US, get a US regional job and hope they can get hired by BA after enough hours. If they can't get hired by BA, they get their US citizenship and stay at the regional, then get a US major job if they can. I know a lot of them and I can't blame them for trying.

Any way, good to hear all are alive and well from this accident. I think the crew did an exellent after crash evacuation.

Latest resources

Back