• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B747 down in South America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My prayers are that all the crew survive this tragic accident and live to enjoy their families.

Update: VP of Flight Ops says 8 crew members are okay.

MIAMI (AFP)--A cargo plane that crashed in Colombia Monday is owned by Kalitta Air, a spokesman for the Michigan company said, denying reports that the aircraft was owned by Centurion, another U.S. firm.
The spokesman, Pete Sinderland, said the plane's eight crew members survived after it crashed into a house near the central town of Madrid. He couldn't confirm reports that two people inside the home were killed.
"The aircraft is a Boeing 747 leaving from Bogota to Miami carrying flowers," Sinderland said. "We do not have the cause of the crash."
"The information we have on the crash is that the eight crew members are okay, with some injuries. They are receiving medical attention at the local hospitals, " he said.
Centurion denied local reports that it owned the plane.
"We heard about the accident, but this aircraft is not from Centurion, but from Kalitta Air, a U.S. cargo company based in Michigan," Centurion spokeswoman Angela Masforrol told AFP.

This has been a very bad couple of months for Connie and the whole Kalitta Air family. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragic turn of events.

Last edited:
Despite knowing zippo about the crash itself, it's nothing short of a miracle that all aboard survived - Thank God! Still, it's truly tragic that some folks on the ground were not so fortunate.

Connie turned this segment of the industry around during tough times. I truly hope they as a whole make it through all of this, both spiritually and professionally.

Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

Thank God everyone survived, I wish them all a speedy recovery.

WTF has been going on the past few days?! Fly safe everyone.

The surviving crew are indeed very lucky, it's going to be interesting to see what happened. I talked to a guy who quit KA among other things because of shady airplanes now they've had 2 accidents in a short period of time.

The surviving crew are indeed very lucky, it's going to be interesting to see what happened. I talked to a guy who quit KA among other things because of shady airplanes now they've had 2 accidents in a short period of time.

ok, no need for that, i call bs, but you are entitled to opinions here, but you don't work here.....

MX is good, ride on mechanics are some of the best.

News reports now say Crewmember Joseph Kendall was listed in serious condition....

I flew with an engineer named Joe Kendall. Good guy!! Lost track of where he ended up.....I hope it wasn't him...

Good luck and quick recoveries forthe crew....

Anyone know where the airplane actually crashed? How far from the airport? I realize it is a bit early for details...

Latest resources

Back