• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 & Lingus to announce deal tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General has spoken once again. He thinks he knows everything about every airline. Oh yeah, Delta is such a great airline and making tons of money. Not that they declared bankruptcy or anything.....

We are making money now thanks to BK, and cleaning up unwanted leases, etc. You can try it too, it is a free country.

And, instead of slamming me, which really does nothing but show your ignorance, why don't you
add something to this discussion. What is your view? Do you have one? No? Hey, you just drive the bus---nothing wrong with that...you don't really have to understand what is going on around you....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General has spoken once again. He thinks he knows everything about every airline. Oh yeah, Delta is such a great airline and making tons of money. Not that they declared bankruptcy or anything.....

Abandon all hope, ye of little posts. Zipper you forget that during that bankruptcy, MD-80 lease rates went from 280,000 per month down to 80,000 per month, and they have an exclusive pipeline for highly desireable, previouslly loved MD-90's for 9 million each, which is cheaper than RJ's, and that price includes engines and they already have the sims and their mechanics already know how to work on them. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated and you will like it. The journey of 10,000 posts begins with a single step young padawan.

General,

One question--why do you care so much about this issue? I mean, really you have like 8 posts on 2 pages.

If JB is just some squat airline with no hope of ever becoming as great and as glorious as Delta, why do you bother wasting your time on these threads?

All your international are belong to General. Double breasted G.I., jackpot!!

I think you need a drug test. And, if this post was from an foreign passenger, that is exactly what we are looking for. Thanks, your money and higher fare will help us out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

One question--why do you care so much about this issue? I mean, really you have like 8 posts on 2 pages.

If JB is just some squat airline with no hope of ever becoming as great and as glorious as Delta, why do you bother wasting your time on these threads?

Well, this whole industry interests me. Not just Delta. And, you are right, I do have a lot of posts on this topic, thanks to people responding to me. I post my opinion and get a lot of flack, and then I respond again. If someone actually debated the facts and put their own opinions down, then I would probably post less. That is why I have 10000+ posts. I respond to everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, this whole industry interests me. Not just Delta. And, you are right, I do have a lot of posts on this topic, thanks to people responding to me. I post my opinion and get a lot of flack, and then I respond again. If someone actually debated the facts and put their own opinions down, then I would probably post less. That is why I have 10000+ posts. I respond to everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Alright, fair enough. Sometimes you have some really informative things to say and well, sometimes you go a little overboard with rah rah DAL...

good luck to all

Abandon all hope, ye of little posts. Zipper you forget that during that bankruptcy, MD-80 lease rates went from 280,000 per month down to 80,000 per month, and they have an exclusive pipeline for highly desireable, previouslly loved MD-90's for 9 million each, which is cheaper than RJ's, and that price includes engines and they already have the sims and their mechanics already know how to work on them. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated and you will like it. The journey of 10,000 posts begins with a single step young padawan.

You are correct, and we are still negotiating for the inital 9 MD90s infact. Hopefully we will get them. As far as being assimilated, a lot of your own employees have left JB for DL recently, and are now flying INTL routes from JFK on those 767ERs. Good for them.

One question about that flow up for Riddlers and UNDies. I know they have to go to Cape Air for two years before possibly flowing up to Jetblue, but did you negotiate a flow down to Cape Air in return? Serious question.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Really? We had a year over year profit for 2007, and if we do merge with anyone we will have to renegotiate a contract, probably bringing back some wages that were lost. We did get a contractually obligated raise Jan 1st of 1.5%, which is better than you got. How is your airline doing? Where are those 6 airbusses going? DISOWNED.

Bye Bye--General Lee

1.5% wow! Too bad inflation last year was 4.4% and the annual inflation rate is about 3%. After you guys merge with another carrier how many quarterly "one time aquisition charges" are going to show up on your balance sheet? Anyone care to guess how many quarterly losses Delta will put up after they merge? Don't worry though, the Oracle of FlightInfo will remind us that they are one time charges.

Why is Lufthansa investing in you? Well, the price was right with the Euro vs the dollar. They also will change your food with food from Lufthansa Skychef, which I am sure you will love. Barger is looking for alliances for any INTL feed he can get, primarily because he knows the domestic market is flat, and thanks to Lufthansa buying 19% of you, you will likely NEVER get to compete with them over the Atlantic for precious foreign currency. Nope, you are now their RJ operator. And Aer Lingus, well, they will give you a whopping 100 connectiong pax a day, maybe.

Tell me how you see it please. Just tell me what benefits you see other than a few connecting pax per day. Do you see more?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Look -- I told you you were right. I just sent Barger an email and told him to pack his bags, that General Lee is moving in to Forest Hills. You can park the orange car in the basement garage if you like.

Why is Lufthansa investing in you? Well, the price was right with the Euro vs the dollar. They also will change your food with food from Lufthansa Skychef, which I am sure you will love. Barger is looking for alliances for any INTL feed he can get, primarily because he knows the domestic market is flat, and thanks to Lufthansa buying 19% of you, you will likely NEVER get to compete with them over the Atlantic for precious foreign currency. Nope, you are now their RJ operator. And Aer Lingus, well, they will give you a whopping 100 connectiong pax a day, maybe.

Tell me how you see it please. Just tell me what benefits you see other than a few connecting pax per day. Do you see more?

Bye Bye--General Lee
Just curious GL, how many interna'l flts per day to have leaving JFK?

:pimp:​

Latest resources

Back