• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 & Lingus to announce deal tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are yo so spun up about this? Why don't you just try to post a profit for a change and get some of your pay cuts back.

What was Delta's profit for 2007? Jetblues? Why are you, and I mean you, not yo, so spun up about Delta?*******************

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD INPUT.

800Dog, Please stop the personal attacks. That is why your post is edited.

Aer Lingus has how many flights to the US? 3 a day to JFK, and 2 a day to BOS. (one to ORD, a few a week to MCO, a few a week to SFO, and a few a week to LAX). How many of those pax actually just want to get off in JFK or BOS, and don't want to continue anywhere else? How many want to get off in Dublin or SNN and just enjoy Ireland? Barger is really trolling for everything, since he is not in an alliance. Lufthansa, for example, has 3 daily flights to JFK. Where are the connections again? How many of those pax will connect or just go to NYC?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee, have you ever been to BOS? There is a very large market considering the strong Irish heritage in Boston, New York, and Chicago as well. Aer Lingus never fed that many pax into other oneWorld airlines out of Boston, can't say for sure about JFK. However, in the summer season most US passengers on a shamrock flight has a destination within Ireland. As a way for their US presence to grow, they should ahve never left oneWorld, but taeming up with jetBlue would give them back connections out of its key cities, JFK and BOS.

Its called open skies that little term that will eat away at Delta's international revenue stream one leg at a time.

Again, you and others do not understand why we "agreed" to open skies in this country. Why didn't US airlines vehemently disagree to this? They knew one thing---there is a serious lack of gate space and lack of slots at the busiest US airports. What did US airlines want in this deal? Access to Hethrow. Did we get it? Yes. Can you tell me where Lufthansa (who has a whopping 3 flights a day to JFK) will go thanks to Open Skies? Where will they get the planes? They are expanding all around the world from Germany--and already are maxed out. But you already knew that. Did you listen to your own conference call? Do you remember the term "synergy"? They are adding Lufthansa SkyChef food to your planes and are replacing those gross blue chips. They may also help you hedge some fuel (if that happens---expect Air France to help Delta, and KLM to help NWA). Wow, and 34 passengers will come off those flights at JFK each day and fly onto Seattle and Richmond. Congrats! You will be Lufthansa's RJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee, have you ever been to BOS? There is a very large market considering the strong Irish heritage in Boston, New York, and Chicago as well. Aer Lingus never fed that many pax into other oneWorld airlines out of Boston, can't say for sure about JFK. However, in the summer season most US passengers on a shamrock flight has a destination within Ireland. As a way for their US presence to grow, they should ahve never left oneWorld, but taeming up with jetBlue would give them back connections out of its key cities, JFK and BOS.

Have you ever been to BOS? Where is the INTL terminal? Is it close to your gates? That is the problem with BOS, every INTL arrival has to park at the INTL terminal, thanks to having only one customs area. I know BOS has a lot of Irish people there, that is why Aer Lingus has a daily flight to SNN(and onto DUB) and another nonstop to DUB itself four days a week. The key part of your argument would be if there are that many people in BOS that fly to Ireland, how many extra people could Jetblue provide when their own flights are presumably full? A Delta management type said once "you can never have enough seats to Ireland in the Summer." That is why we fly 764s from JFK and ATL to DUB, and 757s this Summer from ATL and JFK to SNN. I may actually fly some of those, can't wait.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OWNED......

Really? We had a year over year profit for 2007, and if we do merge with anyone we will have to renegotiate a contract, probably bringing back some wages that were lost. We did get a contractually obligated raise Jan 1st of 1.5%, which is better than you got. How is your airline doing? Where are those 6 airbusses going? DISOWNED.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General has spoken once again. He thinks he knows everything about every airline. Oh yeah, Delta is such a great airline and making tons of money. Not that they declared bankruptcy or anything.....

You know, despite two sets of airline management poring over the ins and outs of this deal, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THOUGHT OF THIS. What is JB thinking wearing a little Ling-Ling? Or getting its Bauhaus on? Apparently you need to share this info with our CEO, so he can come to his senses and stop issuing meaningless press releases that will do nothing for JB or the Euros.

And to think that Delta will stay "My Delta." Where is that "I Believe Button", you seen it bro?

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for ....... Looftansy and Air Ling-Ling.

Why is Lufthansa investing in you? Well, the price was right with the Euro vs the dollar. They also will change your food with food from Lufthansa Skychef, which I am sure you will love. Barger is looking for alliances for any INTL feed he can get, primarily because he knows the domestic market is flat, and thanks to Lufthansa buying 19% of you, you will likely NEVER get to compete with them over the Atlantic for precious foreign currency. Nope, you are now their RJ operator. And Aer Lingus, well, they will give you a whopping 100 connectiong pax a day, maybe.

Tell me how you see it please. Just tell me what benefits you see other than a few connecting pax per day. Do you see more?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back