B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You wrote:

To me that sounded like you said San Fran. What else is sf? I took it as "not San Fran at the bottom of the list commuting to reserve."

"at" As in at the bottom of the list commuting to reserve and was a response to a claim that QOL is better here than as a senior RJ CA.

That claim was silly most likely a new hire will be on the 190 in JFK or BOS and committing to reserve.

Then the poster responded that if the time is right they would only be on reserve for a month and then have 18 days off.

Which of course is silly since the bottom line holder have 12, 13, and 14 days off with 74ish credit.

I fumbled the key stroke but you transposed an answer to one post into a completely different post.

Good luck. Hope it all turns out well for anyone. Watch out for the juicers who like to point to anyone pointing out the real shortfalls as bitter and never happy.

"at" As in at the bottom of the list commuting to reserve and was a response to a claim that QOL is better here than as a senior RJ CA.

That claim was silly most likely a new hire will be on the 190 in JFK or BOS and committing to reserve.

Then the poster responded that if the time is right they would only be on reserve for a month and then have 18 days off.

Which of course is silly since the bottom line holder have 12, 13, and 14 days off with 74ish credit.

I fumbled the key stroke but you transposed an answer to one post into a completely different post.

Good luck. Hope it all turns out well for anyone. Watch out for the juicers who like to point to anyone pointing out the real shortfalls as bitter and never happy.[/QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfgt9Sh5C4

Quite the contrary, I think your probably the happiest person on the face of the earth. They even wrote a song about you.

Another juicer agrees. JetBlue pilots have the worst vacation system in the peer group. No wonder it will never be fixed under the direct relationship.

First juicer says issue does not exist
Next juicer say it will not be fixed via collective bargaining
Next juicer posts a song that only she knew about.

Another juicer agrees. JetBlue pilots have the worst vacation system in the peer group. No wonder it will never be fixed under the direct relationship.

First juicer says issue does not exist
Next juicer say it will not be fixed via collective bargaining
Next juicer posts a song that only she knew about.

I don't think we have the worst system, the 35 for 25 rule has worked well for me, but we do have the worst vacation bidding in the industry. The fact that we don't have rounds of vacation bidding is unacceptable.

What we really should have is a seperation of PTO and sick time, or a boatload more PTO then we currently get.

Life at JBLU doesn't sound much different than at CAL. Hopefully once the new contract is fully phased in, things will improve a bit.

I don't think we have the worst system, the 35 for 25 rule has worked well for me, but we do have the worst vacation bidding in the industry. The fact that we don't have rounds of vacation bidding is unacceptable.

What we really should have is a seperation of PTO and sick time, or a boatload more PTO then we currently get.

Yuuuuup

Life at JBLU doesn't sound much different than at CAL. Hopefully once the new contract is fully phased in, things will improve a bit.

Life might but there is quite a pay difference. I just look on the other pilot site and at my year and seat CAL pays $186 and JB pays $163.

I realize there is no decision to make until they offer a job, but I just can't see whether it is worthwhile to invest the time, money, and energy into even interviewing. I freely admit that I have golden handcuffs. Since any of their domiciles are a two leg commute, we would quickly plan to move. Until such time that I could move to a domicile our family costs would increase due to the need for a crashpad and transportation -- all while income is decreased for at least the next 5 years.

What makes it difficult for me is that I really "WANT" to interview. The airline sounds terrific, the ability to bid schedules, the ability to trip trade, fly more, fly less.... Whatever you need. (I'm essentially on-call with a schedule now). But I am having a difficult time justifying the big paycut and decrease in QOL. It's kind of like the kid in me wants to jump on it and start a new adventure. The grown up in me says it is the wrong choice. It seems like the very definition of golden handcuffs...

On the one hand, I don't want to be 50, 55, 60 years old here and have them pull the rug out from under me...
On the other, I wouldn't want to be in a crashpad in Queens wondering what I was thinking and working with Captains who tell me I am nuts to have given up what I have.

No decisions to make until you have a job offer in hand... But what do you do when the decision to accept an interview is one you really can't reconcile?

Latest resources

Back