• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been here a little over a year. I'm reserve on the 320 based in JFK. I have done 2 island red eyes and work about 6 days a month on average. I drive to work so I can sit reserve at home. Coming here was a no brainer. Don't let the liars persuade you. Do your research, talk to the family, weigh your options, and make a decision. This place can use some major improvements, but it's nowhere near as bad as a few people on this site make it out to be. Anyone is welcome to PM me.

So i see a trend here.

Experienced long term jetblue pilots that know how the place operates talk about how far behind we are, how facts will show you we will end a career almost a couple million behind, how our healthcare is absolutely horrible, retirement 3-5% behind, culture dead etc

and then you have former regional pilots newhires here telling you how great jetblue is and you will make 80k and fly a shiny jet and life is perfect. In the meantime they engage every single long term blue pilot and call the angry, disgruntled, never happy etc..

so who do you believe?

The bottom line is this if you have a family and come to jetblue and suffer a medical issue that removes you from the cockpit you will end up bankrupt and homeless unless you have rich parents, a six figure earning wife, or a trust fiund..

Just looked at Jan 2013 and I see a bunch of 12, 13, 14, 15 days off with 74ish levels of credit for those just off reserve.
Are you talking VX or B6? Since you said SFO, I assumed you were talking about VX. Look again for lineholders. At SFO, the bottom-most junior lineholder got 18 days off.

I see a trend here too, the same 5 guys on here telling everyone how bad jetBlue sucks. I also see another trend in the cockpit. Almost every captain I fly with making close to 200K. Like I said, the place needs improvement, but its not ALL bad.

So you have been here a year. Were you ALPA prior? Are you a believer in the DR or would you rather have the insurance, legal and medical backup of ALPA? Also, ask those "200K" Captains how many hours they do monthly or did last year. Ask how many days off they did and did they have any family medical issues.
7th year 320 and the guys I fly with don't do near 200K unless it is living on flica, speed dial at CS, or have just 10 days off a month.

Yes, I was alpa before and I would vote FOR a union here given the chance. Like I said there is a lot of room for improvement. Our retirement and insurance is below our peers and should be fixed (probably thought negotiations ie. a CBA). If you are a captain making 163 an hour and average 92 hours CREDIT that puts you right around $190,000. Most guys I fly with do about that much credit and are not flica wh$&@s. Of course it helps if you live in base, but that is the same everywhere. JetBlue is not perfect, but the way some guys describe it is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Agree, some guys are a little over the top, however alot of the posts here are from those guys who have been here for 10 years plus and have seen and heard far more than they have posted here. The facts and figures that are out there should be looked at before coming here completley blind.

Agree, some guys are a little over the top, however alot of the posts here are from those guys who have been here for 10 years plus and have seen and heard far more than they have posted here. The facts and figures that are out there should be looked at before coming here completley blind.

Agreed

Latest resources

Back