• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ignore Splert. He hates his life and the only solace he has is grasping a slim hope that everybody else is as miserable as he is. Every post he puts up validates that.

Ignore Splert. He hates his life and the only solace he has is grasping a slim hope that everybody else is as miserable as he is. Every post he puts up validates that.

More calculas!

Did a pilot on reserve just operate to 15:30 on the back side of the clock?

It wasn't you so it did not happen ever, ever, ever, ever. But it did. Standby for the morph. From "Total BS" to "it doesn't happen all the time".

See what I mean? He's like a kindergartner. He finds one incident on one day and wants to act like it happens all the time.

Sure it happens. It happens everywhere sometimes. But he'd have you believe it happens every day.

Sigh...

As I have said time and time again.

If you are a senior RJ CA with decent QOL and pay then beware. Run the numbers and see how long it will take to make up the loss of income and QOL while you use this place as a stepping stone. Jumping around will set you back at least 4 years in total income.

Dropping from 8th -12th year pay to 1st year and then 2nd and then maybe 3rd year to then leave (and losing most of the employer contributions to your 401k) to jump over to legacy and start all over is costly.

Do the math.

Why do you think we have a Cape Air flow though?

Good luck and I hope everyone does well in whatever choice they end up making.

Last edited:
What you're forgetting is that the regionals are less stable. What if something happens and the majors don't hire like they say they will? Then you're stuck at the regional even longer, and ANY regional could be Comair or Pinnacle. No one is immune.

JetBlue is a good job by almost any measure. Is it top of the industry? No, but it's good. Some may choose to pass it up, but it's certainly not a "no brainer" to wait for the legacies to hire. What if you wait for Delta, and eff up the interview? Plenty have messed it up. Then what? All of a sudden you're a lifer at a place that could be wiped out at the whim of that same legacy.

No thanks.

To all the new hires, I say "welcome!" I also ask that each of you put your emotions aside and think logically about your future. Compared to our peers, B6 is behind in just about every category. The only way we can make this a "destination airline" is by voting in proper representation. This is the only reason our peers are so far ahead of us. Pilots here have the same medical benefits as ramp agents, gate agents, flight attendants, etc. This is due to the fact that unless a labor group has union representation, it is illegal to favor one group over another in areas of retirement and medical benefits. It is discrimination. There is no "workaround."

To everyone on the property, I ask that you please view the newly released PVC compensation video. Over the next few years, we will fall 9 to 21% behind in compensation unless there are major changes. This does not even include the retirement and medical shortfalls. We as pilots can make a difference and take charge of our own careers through proper representation.

When the time comes, please vote using logic. B6 will be using their favorite third party (MWW) to target your emotion. Yes, they use many third parties to hold you accountable, but they don't want you using a third party to hold them accountable. Gotta love the hypocrisy!

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
- George Santayana

What you're forgetting is that the regionals are less stable. What if something happens and the majors don't hire like they say they will? Then you're stuck at the regional even longer, and ANY regional could be Comair or Pinnacle. No one is immune.

JetBlue is a good job by almost any measure. Is it top of the industry? No, but it's good. Some may choose to pass it up, but it's certainly not a "no brainer" to wait for the legacies to hire. What if you wait for Delta, and eff up the interview? Plenty have messed it up. Then what? All of a sudden you're a lifer at a place that could be wiped out at the whim of that same legacy.

No thanks.
I hear ya!

This place is not rock solid place either and will be merged or acquired sooner or later. I would hate to be on the E190 if SWA or AA comes a-knocking, again especially with you PEA vs a CBA. Good luck in training and see you on the line (after your red eye turn to the islands).

LOTS of BS here.

I've been on and off reserve for 1.5 years. I've NEVER worked a 16 hour day. This is complete BS.

16 hour day starting at 2000? That'll be illegal as hell in a few months. I've never even come CLOSE to that. Even half that. BS.

Here is the reality: Jetblue is going to be better than ANY regional.....period. By 3rd year FO pay you'll be making more than damn near any regional captain just by flying a regular about 80-85 hour schedule.

If you live in base, reserve is great. Like I said, reserve here on and off for more than a year. Most I've EVER flown in a month on reserve is 51 hours, which was this December. In the slow months, like February coming up, you'll have to beg for flying on the 320. I don't know about the 190, but on the 190, you'll only be on reserve 3 or 4 months anyway, if that, as long as they are hiring. Learn how to work the system, and commuting to reserve in the slow months is better than holding a line.

3rd year pay, after the new raise we just got (a meager 2%) is about $85 bucks an hour on the 320. (even if you are hired into the 190, you can move to the 320 by then if you want). 190 pay is about 10% less. If you fly a normal schedule on the airbus (about 80 hours), you'll make a little over 80 grand. That is assuming no per diem, no holiday pay, no JA pay, NEVER picking up a trip, NEVER getting any premium pay, and never crediting one second over 80 in a month. Guys will scream about the bid divisors being low, and they're not lying. But if you can't fix your schedule via Flica, you are stupid or lazy. I am VERY close to the dead bottom of lineholders (when I hold one), and I fix my line every month. This month, the sked they gave me was 72 hours, 16 days off, and 2 redeyes. When I finished screwing with it in Flica, I had 17 days off, 80 hours, and NO redeyes. It's NOT hard if you have half a brain.

This is NOT a bad place to work. There are a thousand guys on here that will talk to you like this place is a vietnamese sweat shop. They are full of $hit. We are definitely no Delta, Uniter, FedEx, etc. But it's NOT BAD. The only thing you can do is do your own research and come in with eyes wide open. The bad: Health insurance SUCKS, retirement is bad, and we have no work rules other than the FAR's. There are other little things, but those are the three big ones. In new hire training they will feed you a bunch of BS about culture. It doesn't take long to realize that it is complete bull$hit. Don't believe the hype. We have problems that need to be fixed. We need a union, bad. But don't listen to morons that tell you to stay at a regional. This place is WAY better than a regional. Even if you get stuck as an FO for the next 30 years, you are still going to be far better off than you will be at any regional. And you and I both know that's not going to happen unless you are an incompetent pilot that can't pass upgrade.

Any Major is better, but Jetblue beats any regional hands down.

I just completed my 10th year at JB. I cannot hold a vacation week in any summer month, spring break, or Holiday. I never can drop/add/swap a FLICA trip during the windows. I cannot afford the medical plan here. My retirement from JB is awful. My scheduling is done from a 2007 guide instead of the 2010 one we apparently agreed upon. One of my fellow CA was apparently fired for breaking a laptop. .......... Yes I make pretty good coin but unless you have a military retirement and a wife with a job with good health care, think twice about joining us. And if you ever think you can upgrade here with a butt load of 35-45yr old Captains then your dreamin.

Latest resources

Back