B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spectacular. Just what we need.

The supply of the "it's better than Mesa" crowd seems to never run out. Interesting how this discussion NEVER comes up on a Delta/UAL/FDX/SWA hiring thread. But as soon as JetBlue hiring is mentioned, someone feels the need to reiterate that JetBlue is better than a toilet regional.

Aim high boys....your destiny of mediocrity awaits you in the right seat of a 190. Along with a $2600 health insurance deductible. That's up 325% from last year, by the way.

Aim high....

I'm new, but JetBlue is a much better fit for me than Delta or United.

Spectacular. Just what we need.

The supply of the "it's better than Mesa" crowd seems to never run out. Interesting how this discussion NEVER comes up on a Delta/UAL/FDX/SWA hiring thread. But as soon as JetBlue hiring is mentioned, someone feels the need to reiterate that JetBlue is better than a toilet regional.

Aim high boys....your destiny of mediocrity awaits you in the right seat of a 190. Along with a $2600 health insurance deductible. That's up 325% from last year, by the way.

Aim high....

Jetblue has ALWAYS been the "better than XYZ" company, or the "im furloughed, so ill take anything" kind of place. Don't kid yourself, or try to portray this as a place that used to be dignified and cream of the crop.

Come to jetblue and leave when UAL/DAL calls. Try to leave this place better than you found it.

Within the next 3-5 years, you are going to find out that the above's days are limited. The Delta TA spelled the end of over 250 RJs. The new United TA requires 200 50 seaters to be parked and guess where that will come out of. XJT and other UAX regionals. It's the mentality like that gets many people stuck, don't fall for the trap. Jetblue is still a far better option than being a senior RJ Captain doing contractual feed.

Wow, I finally agree with Flyer1015.

Now, the mistake is actually believing that the things most of these guys are saying on these websites about staying at a regional instead of coming to JetBlue are out of genuine concern for others.

Wow, I finally agree with Flyer1015.

Now, the mistake is actually believing that the things most of these guys are saying on these websites about staying at a regional instead of coming to JetBlue are out of genuine concern for others.

Why kill your QOL and earnings coming to a bottom feeder to earn less for a longer period of time.

All it takes is excel spread sheet to see the impact of using this place as a stepping stone instead of keeping your QOL and current level of income before being hired at a real career airline.

If you are such a malfunction that you don't think you can be hired by a career airline then the PINS committee will put your application at the top of the stack and you will be hired. No doubt about that.

If the career airlines are going to be dropping 100s of RJ does that mean SWA will operating more A/C or will DAL, UAL or AA or all of them?

Such extreme talk, but they never quit.

It's so bad, but they don't leave for those "real" "career" major airlines. Just pretend to give you advice for your benefit, but really it is for THEIR own personal benefit.

Such extreme talk, but they never quit.

It's so bad, but they don't leave for those "real" "career" major airlines. Just pretend to give you advice for your benefit, but really it is for THEIR own personal benefit.

Those people will be unhappy no matter where they work. The online forum just gives them a voice they wouldn't have had 20 years ago.

If I was at ASA I would not come to jetblue now.

2005 ... yes.

2013 ...To Smartass 2013 is just like 2005 and an airline is an airline no matter what stage of growth or stagnation is occurring.

The industry is and will be in a period of very slow growth. Pick the best place to spend your time as a FO for a decade or more.

Jetblue isn't the place.

Smartass says it is and somehow that is to my disadvantage. That is calculus that only makes sense to only him/her.

You decide.

Those people will be unhappy no matter where they work. The online forum just gives them a voice they wouldn't have had 20 years ago.

And there is ASA_Aviators calculus.

Make sure you get Smarta$$ contact information so you can exchange text message as you work a 16 hour duty day starting at 20:00.

But "at least the trip was commutable" will be the probably reply from Smarta$$.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back