• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ALPA wanted their dues money to the last day and the TWA pilots had more than a wish for honest representation in return, they had a legal right to it and according to the outcome of the court case, ALPA did not deliver.
ALPA wanted something different and left the pilots of TWA, a founding member of the organization bye the way to fend for themselves as if they were alone.
Very sad indeed.:rolleyes:

According to the courts OJ was not guilty.

Juries and pilots seem to be one and the same.

The Courts found Damion Williams innocent.

What are you going to say when the courts award TWAiners $3.00?

Remember your career earning to date are probably very near to what you would have earned with your first SLI offer to the APA. 600 stapled right?

The courts system was fair?

Correct me if I'm wrong, even if an airline is non-union, a staple cannot happen in a merger scenario with the current laws.

False.

Under the current law, because we dont have a Union to represent us during the integration process, our management would be in charge of negotiating for us. They can negotiate a staple.

False.

Under the current law, because we dont have a Union to represent us during the integration process, our management would be in charge of negotiating for us. They can negotiate a staple.
Exactly.

The 'law' does not REQUIRE SLI at all. Instead if a Merger of Operations is NOT the initial agreement then the law does NOT apply.

Reference Guadeloupe Holding and Air Tran.

What you and we need to REQUIRE merger of operations is a god damn CBA.

Puck pilots are sheep.

And in other news, the company, in its first cases bringing a long-awaited, much-hyped process to incorporate pilot input into the official work rules, turned down both suggestions to make it all the way through. With no explanation at all, not even an email. I so like not having a union getting in the way of nimble improvements that can be made on our behalf. I retire this evening satisfied that my voice has been heard and my management has my best interests at heart.

Is that what you believe would be the outcome here?

The outcome would be whatever is in managements'/shareholders' best interests. NOT the pilots. Likely it would be they would take the first offer with a little bit of showboating negotiation just so they can act like they tried to do something.

Exactly.

The 'law' does not REQUIRE SLI at all. Instead if a Merger of Operations is NOT the initial agreement then the law does NOT apply.

Reference Guadeloupe Holding and Air Tran.

What you and we need to REQUIRE merger of operations is a god damn CBA.

Puck pilots are sheep.

THIS!
Sums it up in a nutshell.

The outcome would be whatever is in managements'/shareholders' best interests. NOT the pilots. Likely it would be they would take the first offer with a little bit of showboating negotiation just so they can act like they tried to do something.

THIS! is also correct

Latest resources

Back