Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B-737 type rating for SWA hurt you elsewhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FreightNazi said:
So they can be a "real" airline pilot. You know, unruly passengers, TSA, quick turns all day, no time to eat in a civilized manner, early AM shows, worry about the price of fuel, worry about some startup taking your business away and they get to prance around the terminals in front of all the passengers with their precious uniform on!

Better than 11 PM shows.

SW wasn't my first choice, but they were one of the few hiring when I left active duty, so I spent the cash to have a chance at a good job.

Interviewed at Comair...they seemed concerned about it (that I'd leave as soon as SW called), but hired me anyway.

I don't think UPS even asked me about it, and I was hired by them.

SW has never called. Oh well. It was a good way to get my ATP, I guess!

I really don't think a company cares, as long as they get the impression from you that you won't up and leave if SW calls.

FreightNazi said:
So they can be a "real" airline pilot. You know, unruly passengers, TSA, quick turns all day, no time to eat in a civilized manner, early AM shows, worry about the price of fuel, worry about some startup taking your business away and they get to prance around the terminals in front of all the passengers with their precious uniform on!

We dont deal w/pax, the FAs and CSAs do. TSA - never had a problem. The quick turns keep things going and is instrumental to our 30+ years of profitability. Food? Eating free peanuts all day isnt civililzed? The CA hooks me up with a burrito now and again. AM shows - we have AMs and PMs. My earliest report is 1:30PM this month. Price of fuel? GK is taking care of us. Some startup taking our business?? LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Prancing? The quick turns prevent us from having much time to prance. My SWA leather jacket is pretty bad-a$$ though!
Might wanna step out of your sleep room before you write another ignorant post.

Some startup taking our business?? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

things that make you go..............

vetrider said:
People will never figure out that the grass is not greener over there.

its pretty frickin' green. If youre unhappy where you are now, you will undoubtedly find it greener. If youre happy where you are then its not an issue.

At Continental we type you in every aircraft you get trained in, and in the real world folks aquire a lot of different ratings and are not sure where and sometimes how your career will work out. Come to Continental, and if it comes up have a professional and honest answer. All you can do is answer the best you can and hope for the best--- Go for it! Don't worry--- Also at Continental we do deal with customers not just the FA's and CSA's. Its part of all of our jobs to ensure our customers have the best experience ever. If you do not like the customer angle then I suggest freight. Our jobs all over lap and ensuring a positive customer experience is everyones job---even the pilots. (Kids coming the the cockpit, senior customers that want to talk with the Captain, a US Senator that has a question about a connection, or a stressed out customer that wants to make sure the pilots are safe. These happen sometimes often and sometimes not at all but return business can be based on interactions with any employee group. Kind of surprised by the responce from some colleagues from other airlines.

Beleive it or not in out Flight Manual the use of cellphones is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary when in view of the public so all co-workers are available to assist customers while in the concourses etc...

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/company/shanghai.aspx?SID=3F3887CFB66C4746B18B4380BCAAD381

Latest resources

Back