• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC or Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know anything about colgen so I won't say comment on that.

AWAC is great though. A few weeks ago the company wanted to ferry a plane from BGR to PHL at Midnight. We legally had about 8 hours of duty left but when I told dispatch that I had been up since 2am commuting it was done. No grief just "no problem we'll have somone do it in the morning".

Also twice in Jan I got called from Scheduling telling me they need my trip for OE so don't bother commuting out to phl and I was off with pay.

The list goes on and on, but AWAC truly is a great place to work.

"Duty regs are for flight attendants and embry riddle graduates." I hope thats a joke. I thought I hear a GJ guy say the same thing in ORD.

It's a gamble. Colgan worked for me, but I happened to join right before a period of significant growth.

I chose Colgan about 4 years ago because they had bases where I lived. I sat as an FO for two years (the longest I have heard anyone sit FO in the past five years) and have been a captain for two. I came with Cessna/Piper experience and about 1000TT, and I now have about 4000TT with 1500PIC with Beech and Saab type ratings. I fly 80+ hours a month, have 15 days off, and will make about $50K this year with a little over-guarantee.

It easily could have gone some other way, but it has worked out for me. This advice and $1.33 will get you a small coffee (with the airport discount).

Latest resources

Back