Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BeCareful! said:
No thanks.....I'll pass.

WD, I guess you don't read the whole thread, or the person you have read it to you skipped something, but I have never, never, not even once, suggested that an active AWA pilot should see some street time.

Clear?

Am I gonna have to say it again?

Enjoy widebody school when it comes around.

Happy windfall to you and yours.

You right I didn't read the whole thing (BUSTED)!!! Selective reading just as bad as selective hearing I guess. Now to the point. WD has a 6hr A$$ which means widebody school for me out!! Windfall I really doubt. Relative seniority is what most are looking for...

WD.

You know,you USAir types are really getting strung out over this widebody Airbus issue. Most of the guys and gals I flew with in the 737 program had no desire to fly east of STL never mind Europe. That's why they didn't bid the Airbus here at AWA, even though they could have done so years ago. As for me after 1 year in the A319/320 I could care less if I ever fly another Airbus product again. So for me anyway,you can take those 330's ,350's or what ever other Aeronautical Puegueot we might have the poor misfoutune of purchasing in the future and you can keep 'em.

PHXFLYR

Last edited:
I second that. Did the worldwide stuff in a previous life and have no desire to do it in a scarebus.

PHXFLYR said:
You know,you USAir types are really getting strung out over this widebody Airbus issue. Most of the guys and gals I flew with in the 737 program had no desire to fly east of STL never mind Europe. That's why they didn't bid the Airbus here at AWA, even though they could have done so years ago. As for me after 1 year in the A319/320 I could care less if I ever fly another Airbus product again. So for me anyway,you can take those 330's ,350's or what ever other airborne Puegueot we might have the poor misfoutune of purchasing in the future and you can keep 'em.

PHXFLYR

BeCareful! said:
The A350 is simply an outgrowth of the A330. Same type rating, just spruced up to compete with the B787. Enjoy it! It should be a nice ride. Training on it will most likely be in CLT, as that's where the sim is. (the sim is convertible, even to the A340, as our options included A340's as well.....little known fact.) Believe it or not, great Mexican food very close to the hotel.

Not according to this Dow Jones release:

"Airbus originally planned to make the A350 a derivative of its existing A330 airliner, basically changing the wing and giving it new engines. But in view of the lukewarm customer interest in that project, the company has had to rethink its design in recent months, adding extra seats and tweaking its range performance.

The A350 that's being offered to airlines now will be a virtually all-new aircraft, and only about 10% of the A330's components will be retained. Cockpit commonality with other members of the Airbus wide-body range will ensure that training costs will be minimized."

You guys (furloughed) pilots seem so sensitive that some AWA guy is going to come in and steal your "career expecation" wide-body A330 seat. Honestly, most of us don't want it. I fly the 737 because I don't like red-eyes and I don't like legs over 2 hours.

Just be careful (no pun intended) about posting information without the facts. The A350 will be a new type to both airlines.

one more vote

The 37 is old, and loud. But I would much rather stay in it and never have to see the sunrise over memphis with another 2 hours to go. Assume all you want, I'll fly up and down the west coast and go to Europe on vacation.

Relative seniority combination of the two Active lists. Then recall furloughs as needed at the bottom of the newly combined seniority list.

Or quit and find a new job...no one will force you to stay (or be recalled).

Fly-n-hi said:
Relative seniority combination of the two Active lists. Then recall furloughs as needed at the bottom of the newly combined seniority list.

Can't be made any clearer than that!!! Well said.

WD.

Things that make you go Hmmm:

CO class breakdown
The breakdown for our June 7th class as follows,

ExJet (4)
USMC
America West
DAL Jet Mgmt.
Skywest
ATA
American Eagle
West Coast Charters

My welcome to all who join us, and are intrested in this company.

TP

Sorry, that won't work. It gives super seniority to all America West pilots after 10 years.

Almost all the active USAir pilots will be gone in ten years. In this scenario the AWA pilots get roughly 220 more aircraft worth of growth in ten years leaving the furloughed USAirways pilots ( many with 15 years of service ) out in the cold. Not fair and shouldn't happen this way. Please try again and stop thinking selfishly.

There is a workable solution and it involves fences. That is the best way to go for both groups.

TP

Latest resources

Back