Aviation watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UnAnswerd said:
I found the $30 Timex to be particularly useful. It has an analog face to which I set local time. It also has a small digital display, to which I set UTC. Admittedly, I am considering buying a $150 "pilot" watch. However, I'd probably never spend $300 for a watch with an E6B. That's kinda overboard.

Buddy of mine dropped almost $700 dollars on one of those watches. Granted, he's got more money than he knows what to do with, but the price doesn't meet the necessity.

I think I'm going to go with the Expedition or something similar to it. I am looking for really only at least 2 time zones and a timer.

thanks for the info guys.

i got a chase durer pilot watch for my graduation from my parents, but its so nice i feel like i will scratch it up in the plane so i usually just stick with my fossil i've had forever.

I bought the $50 Timex that has an analog face and a digital line for Zulu. Comes in handy when some joker keeps changing the GPS time from zulu to local. I had to have the one with the indigo backlighting. Doubles as a flashlight in a pinch.

Last edited:
Ive got a Pulsar (made by Seiko) pilot watch. It was $250 and I got it for my birthday. It has an E6b on it. Im afraid to scratch it so I only wear it for special occasions.

Casio Pathfinder (or any other Casio like that). It has an altimeter, but I doubt you need that. Having the alarm and a stopwatch are important features for me. My old Casio had a countdown timer, but this one doesn't have it. I wish it did. I believe the USAF is issuing a Casio watch to new pilot training students.

Huggyu2 said:
Casio Pathfinder (or any other Casio like that). It has an altimeter, but I doubt you need that. Having the alarm and a stopwatch are important features for me. My old Casio had a countdown timer, but this one doesn't have it. I wish it did. I believe the USAF is issuing a Casio watch to new pilot training students.

Yeah and those altimeters are inaccurate at hell.

I have one of these. It vibrates, so I can feel the timer. I set the countdown timer for 45 minutes, and it vibrates, so I remember to switch back from the aux tanks. It has 2 time zones, so one is always on zulu. You can also set it so that it lights up when you turn your wrist.

http://www.globalassistive.com/pilots.html

It didn't cost me much, and it has lasted about 4 years. It is the only watch I know of that vibrates, instead of beeps. my ability to hear a beeping watch in a cockpit disappeared a long time ago. Oh, I got the leather band, which is still intact. It was $49 when I bought it, I see that they are up to $59.

Latest resources

Back