Aviation watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

grantrobarts

Anyone have any recommendations for a solid, very affordable watch? No real preferences, something reasonable on the price, though.

Thanks

GO TO WAL*MART AND BUY ONE GRANT, $5.00 with a velcro band. BAW HAW AHAW HAW HAW!!

Riddle Rat!!! U-NEE-TEE

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh YEAH!

Last edited:
I'll go with what Metro said; a $30 Timex from WalMart. It'll last forever; I have one that's 10-11 yrs old, still on the original battery.

Strange thing, I 've a had a couple of nicer, fancier watches... that don't last! They break or just quit working, so I keep going back to the reliable old Timex.

Metro752 said:
GO TO WAL*MART AND BUY ONE GRANT, $5.00 with a velcro band. BAW HAW AHAW HAW HAW!!
I have one. The more expensive type, $6.99. Has a dual time fuction, one of which is set to Zulu. Works great.

grantrobarts said:
Anyone have any recommendations for a solid, very affordable watch? No real preferences, something reasonable on the price, though.

Thanks
Ever heard of the B.W.L.D. theory? :D

Since the plane I fly has a clock in the dash, a clock in the ADF and one in the GPS, I have a Diver's watch...you never know when you might have to go down.

FN FAL said:
Ever heard of the B.W.L.D. theory? :D

Since the plane I fly has a clock in the dash, a clock in the ADF and one in the GPS, I have a Diver's watch...you never know when you might have to go down.

Yeah, and thats why I am not looking for a BIG watch haha. I wanted to know if anyone has a preference on a certain type. I've had a couple instructors give me crap about not wearing a watch all the time, so I need to invest in one and keep it permanently attached to me.

You obviously need a watch, but you definetly do not need to spend $300-$500 on those "aviation" watches! You will not need an E6B on your watch (or an altimeter), nor will you need more than 3 time zones. Also, since you are still a student, it doesn't make too much sense to spend all that money on a watch.

I use a Timex Expedition. Bought it from Walmart. It has 3 time zones, stop clock, and both digital/analog time. I would recommend this one!!

I found the $30 Timex to be particularly useful. It has an analog face to which I set local time. It also has a small digital display, to which I set UTC. Admittedly, I am considering buying a $150 "pilot" watch. However, I'd probably never spend $300 for a watch with an E6B. That's kinda overboard.

Latest resources

Back