• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation movies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
High Road to China is WELL worth finding and watching.

I've got a copy on VHS, and no, you can't have it! :D

Very, very good movie about flying, saw it for the first time as a kid and have always dreamed of flying like that.

Part of me wishes I lived back then, flying from grass strip to grass strip in a little biplane, no fancy weather reporting, no control towers, no jetliners flying around, clean air, beautiful sky...

Ahh...

Ahem, to all of your fixed wing types, the best aviation sequence is without a doubt the helicopter raid from Apocalypse Now....

46Driver said:
...to all of your fixed wing types, the best aviation sequence is without a doubt the helicopter raid from Apocalypse Now....
Hey, what about Firebirds? (Have you ever flown a Sea Knight with panties and a periscope strapped to your head?)

Actually, I've nevers seen Firebirds - I heard it was horrible. Can't say I ever flew a Phrog like that :) kind of hoping to pick up a Mercedes with a giant magnet like they did in "You Only Live Twice!"

best

The two best I ever saw--

Fate is the Hunter -- from the book and staring Rod Taylor

There was also a helicopter movie I forget the name where a news tv guy chases some crooks who robbed a bank and fled in a helicopter. Some of the neatest flying ever seen,

Re: best

Publishers said:
Fate is the Hunter -- from the book and staring Rod Taylor
Not a bad movie...but it had almost nothing to do with the book.
Originally posted by 46Driver
...kind of hoping to pick up a Mercedes with a giant magnet like they did in "You Only Live Twice!"
That reminds me...do y'all remember License to Kill, the one were 007 wages a personal war on a drug cartel kingpin? There's a scene that takes place down in the Keys someplace where the bad guy tries to get away in a 172...or maybe a 182. I can't remember. James and Felix catch up to him in a Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin, wrap the line from the winch around the Cessna's tail and "tow" him right out of the air and into the hands of the waiting Feds.

I could never tell if it was done with models or if it was real. Could a '65 (or any other medium-sized helicopter) really jerk a plane out of the air like that? It sure looked real!

There's always some interesting flying in 007 films, isn't there? Remember Goldfinger...with the attack of the killer Piper Cherokees? :D

Oh yeah, you rotor-heads, don't forget about The Bridges at Toko-Ri! When I was a kid, that movie showed me that helicopters could be cool, too.

Last edited:
Typhoon

They say in Cast Away that the crash was a result of mislabled HazMat in combination with the weather.

what was the movie about an airline pilot who has two wives and later marries a third one? The first two got together with the third and really screwed him over.
I think it was on HBO about 10 years ago but I sure would like to see it again.

jetdriven said:
what was the movie about an airline pilot who has two wives and later marries a third one? The first two got together with the third and really screwed him over.
I think it was on HBO about 10 years ago but I sure would like to see it again.
I don't know, but your avatar says it all about Mesa. :)

What about that Harrison Ford movie with Ann Heche, stupid movie but a kick butt Beaver if you know what I mean. Nice.

Latest resources

Back