• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation industry tries to undercut key change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has it ever occurred to anyone that ALPA genuinely believes that safety would be served better by being able to substitute some of the hours required for an ATP with relevant courses offered by ABBI accredited institutions?

What a joke.
What's their next plan, accepting Microsoft flight sim time as "actual"?

What a joke.
What's their next plan, accepting Microsoft flight sim time as "actual"?

Why is it a joke?

I say again, has it ever occurred to anyone that ALPA genuinely believes that safety would be served better by being able to substitute some of the hours required for an ATP with relevant courses offered by ABBI accredited institutions?

Why is it a joke?

I say again, has it ever occurred to anyone that ALPA genuinely believes that safety would be served better by being able to substitute some of the hours required for an ATP with relevant courses offered by ABBI accredited institutions?

Have you seen that Family Guy where Stewie likes that girl on the playground, but every time he says anything to her, the only thing she retorts with is some variation of the word "Cookie?" because that's all she is intellectually capable of repeating no matter what Stewie says? That's what it is like debating Way Back. He is only capable of retorting with some variation of "ALPA sucks." Cute I guess, but not nearly as entertaining as Family Guy.

Anyway, maybe ALPA genuinely believes that, but I suspect that they're "not really" for this 800 hour thing. I suspect it is some sort of compromise as obviously ALPA isn't the only organization sitting at the big table.

P.S. Bonus points if someone can tell me what that little girl's name is....

Latest resources

Back