• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you're not catching the germs going around. Be sure to ask him how he spent his evening.
It was interesting how it all came about, and very ironic, as well.
Glad to hear things are looking up for you guys!
LB/NJW

All I can say is that my views were, in fact, changed by Netjet Wife's very convincing arguments.

As for Avantair, I see them as a real example of how a union can get involved and make sure they don't get left out in the cold.

We don't want them being, "The Mesa of the fractionals". It sounds to me like they are really copping a beating!!

Had a chat with at Avantair guy the other day.... He asked why we need two captains on our jet... Told him training.... Then asked him why he needed two pilots at all on his plane..... That shut him up......

netjetwife said:
No ...not yours. The one about my husband being arrogant and unsafe in the cockpit because he's a former fighter pilot. Previous to Guitar Guy's post, which was very supportive. Helps when you know someone, personally, and their true track record. BTW, Guitar Guy, my husband said "thanks" for your post.

Well, the two of you deserve support and good words.

RNObased said:
Had a chat with at Avantair guy the other day.... He asked why we need two captains on our jet... Told him training.... Then asked him why he needed two pilots at all on his plane..... That shut him up......

Even though I like the Avanti, that is pretty funny.

I ran into a Piaggio crew, corp the other day and they said the the Piaggio is a quick bird...almost 390 to 400kts in the low 30's and that the thing can fly at 41.0 . Said anything slower than around 120 to 125kts to the pavement on landing and your gonna bend something. Sounds quick. Also said the ground handling can be a little tricky. Basically one of the guys said it was the type of airplane that wants your full attention on takeoff and landing. Any of you fly one of these things? ...whats it like?. Sounds like it could get a little busy in the cockpit if your in a busy area with things going wrong.

country said:
I ran into a Piaggio crew, corp the other day and they said the the Piaggio is a quick bird...almost 390 to 400kts in the low 30's and that the thing can fly at 41.0 . Said anything slower than around 120 to 125kts to the pavement on landing and your gonna bend something. Sounds quick. Also said the ground handling can be a little tricky. Basically one of the guys said it was the type of airplane that wants your full attention on takeoff and landing. Any of you fly one of these things? ...whats it like?. Sounds like it could get a little busy in the cockpit if your in a busy area with things going wrong.

Dont mean to split hairs here, but 125 is WAY too fast on short final in the Avanti. The book recommended speed is 117 so most of us round it off to 120 as the ref speed. But at 125 you'll float all day. And it will do 390 under only optimal, I repeat optimal conditions. And at FL410 it's a total POS. Have to say though that below 10,000ft. it can be as busy in the cockpit as any jet. Hope that answers some of your questions. All bullsheet aside, it's an amazing airplane for a turboprop, that cannot be argued.

Actually, we saw 397true @310 going from KSBA to KMEV this past Thursday. We were empty, with only half fuel at the time. That's still scootin for a t/p.

RNObased said:

That's easy: Twice as many levers and half as much glass. :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back