• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop, last fall RTS was quoted in a Wall Street Journal article bragging about the upswing in business aviation in general, and NJ in particular. Allowing for production time, it makes sense that we're now hearing about the anticipated deliveries. What's good for the companies should be good for the pilots as well, right? It's a positive sign when the small companies are doing well, too.

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

I will leave it for the more discerning members of the board to take what they will from my well intentioned posts. I meant every word that I typed. I chose them carefully. At their core is consideration for others while we exercise our right to free speech. I do believe that it is possible to do both at the same time, and that this forum is open enough to accommodate a wide variety of opinions.
NJW

Sctt@NJA said:
I feel uncomfortable accepting tips. But I could use the money. Should pilots take tips?

Though it would be in very bad taste to expect, hint, etc., likewise if you are offered a tip, when you have performed services above and beyond flying the plane, you are completely within the rules of society to accept the tip which you have, indeed, earned, according to the experts on etiquette. The key is the personal services. That's when pilots should be tipped. I researched etiquette rules on the internet for that information. I'm not claiming I'm the expert, though I was called "miss Manners" in grade school. :)

Sctt, smile and say thank you. To do less would only serve to embarrass the pax and that would be both rude and unprofessional. The pax is the best judge of what they appreciate and how they wish to express that appreciation.

Paradoxus said:
I've got the interview coming up. From what I've seen on this forum, much of the company is cloaked in secrecy; I still havent got a proper picture of the place as a whole.

The best advice coming from a person who works there is to look elsewhere for employment, because chances are you will be anyway in a few months, either because you didn't agree with management about something, or because you realized that you are losing your self-respect by continuing on. That being said, the success of your interview will depend on whether or not the assistant chief pilot likes you, not based on your knowledge or professionalism. Keep in mind, for at least a year, they used to pull out an approach plate for Aspen and ask questions about it. Took them a year to figure out that THEY were the ones who were wrong about the missed approach procedure. Wonder how many good people they weeded out over that............ get the picture?

Geronimo4497 said:
So, um, hmmm, what's up at Avantair with regards to airplane deliveries?

Dont have the answer to that, but someone sent me pictures of the new paint scheme for the Avantair Avantis. OMG, we will be flying the ugliest airplanes ever seen in the sky.

wow, what a change, now it's Avantair clogging the board, not NJA

the plan is to get several new planes but over the next few years, the number I have heard is 1 every 3 to 4 weeks but...

if you want to talk about interviews, let me know

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back