• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sure it's still the standard-issue 12 month contract. Pro-rated? Probably not, but I'm not sure.

The debate about whether a contract is a legit business tool is sure to start any time now. I'll recuse myself ahead of time from that worn-out discussion when it flares up.

Sorry to drain your kool-aid, but I won't be recommending anybody. I wouldn't do that to anyone I know; friend or foe.

If you want to work all the time, don't have anyone/anything at home, need to build a bunch of t-prop time etc. it is for you. If not, go to the regionals, go fly a barbie jet, then have a shot at fedex or the airlines.

And yes, I sound bitter. Don't worry, I'm doing my best to leave. :D

Yup. He's bitter. We get those, too. I'm not. With any luck, he will leave soon, and I hope he's senior to me. (god, please don't make me fly with this guy.)

Last edited:
Yes, we did fly together several times. You didn't seem too distraught. When you sit in the other seat, you will learn...

I have no idea who you are, but please, just leave. Give me your seat. I'll take the pay and the responsibility. Go.

Sorry to drain your kool-aid, but I won't be recommending anybody. I wouldn't do that to anyone I know; friend or foe.

If you want to work all the time, don't have anyone/anything at home, need to build a bunch of t-prop time etc. it is for you. If not, go to the regionals, go fly a barbie jet, then have a shot at fedex or the airlines.

And yes, I sound bitter. Don't worry, I'm doing my best to leave. :D

It's not just Avantair, it's the entire fly-for-pay industry that's full of whiners like SharkBait.

Hey, buddy... ever bust your ass for humiliating pay in order to feed the family or keep your house out of forclosure? Like lugging wheelbarrows full of mulch or concrete, earning cash under the table of avoid the need to collect unemployment? That's sucking it up in the interest feeding the family and keeping the roof over your head without public assistance.

"Don't have anything better to do at home"?!?! "Need to build turboprop time"?!?! Hey F-you. I'm teaching my 6-year old some quality work ethic by keeping her informed of what's going on at our company, and how to adapt and overcome the difficulties (to the extent she can understand). I hope we have the pleasure of continuing this conversation face-to-face.

You're bitter, that's for sure. Your toxic attitude needs to hit the road ASAP. The friend that I'm recommending has both balls AND a spine... unlike you, by the way that your post reads. Hard times like this are a challenge, not an excuse to run for greener pastures.

Why don't you man-up and help us work through these difficult times? Nah, do your best to leave. I get the feeling that we'll all be better off.

Information on this company please. Whats the schedule? Didn't it used to be 7 and 7, now its 8 and 6? Whats the deal? What kinda hotels do they stay in? Upgrade time? Whats a typical week like? Do they do a good job of getting you home? Training? Whats the extra day pay? Overall thought? Thanks

Only current or past employees please post. Thanks

And now you know the rest of the story...

Pretty sure it's still the standard-issue 12 month contract. Pro-rated? Probably not, but I'm not sure.

The debate about whether a contract is a legit business tool is sure to start any time now. I'll recuse myself ahead of time from that worn-out discussion when it flares up.

We could just post a link to the threads on the subject for the curious or passionate. :D

Yes, we did fly together several times. You didn't seem too distraught. When you sit in the other seat, you will learn...

I sat in the other seat for almost five years. It didn't seem all that bad most of the time, and no worse than it was at several prior employers.

Latest resources

Back