• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sat in the other seat for almost five years. It didn't seem all that bad most of the time, and no worse than it was at several prior employers.

Generally, it's not bad. Actually it's great most of the time. The one thing that HAS changed, however, it the seemingly endless b1tching that I have to listen to coming from the right seat. Which is why I kind of tweaked after reading SharkBait's earlier post.

The two points that are most often brought up in the cockpit are valid ones, however. A large portion of our current right-seaters were hired anticipating an upgrade in a year, and they expected to work 7/7. Any change from these two conditions could potentially have a negative effect on home and family life. I empathize with people on these points.

Given the level of experience that's required to get hired here, it's safe to say that it's nobody's "first time to the rodeo". We all know that things are constantly changing in our line of work. If we keep our noses to the grindstone long enough, I'm sure that we'll get our 7/7 back, along with a reasonable upgrade time. This is just my opinion, I'm not a management guy or anything like that.

Given the level of experience that's required to get hired here, it's safe to say that it's nobody's "first time to the rodeo".

Sounds like that will be changing in the very near future unless the pay and work rules get substantially better.

Given the level of experience that's required to get hired here, it's safe to say that it's nobody's "first time to the rodeo".

Sounds like that will be changing in the very near future unless the pay and work rules get substantially better.

That's a true statement!

...wait, you meant the pay and work rules for the thousands on the street, right?

Stay away from this company. It's a joke.

Come on. How can I defend my company against such a broad statement like that one? Gimme something to work with here...

BTW, make it quick. Gotta pack up the laptop soon. Leaving for work in a few minutes.

Don't feel like you have to, for starters. Every company is going to have some people who aren't happy. That's just life. But getting on and trying to rebut everyone who doesn't have 100% happy thoughts just makes you look like you're drowning in kool-aid. Most people reading this board are intelligent enough to make up their own mind in who to believe and who to ignore.

That's a true statement!

...wait, you meant the pay and work rules for the thousands on the street, right?

Those thousands on the street will soon have a lot more options. The experienced ones will most likely not choose the companies with bad pay and work rules. 'This job is better than unemployement' quote won't be around much longer. Looks like almost all the regionals and several majors are hiring. my flight department is hiring several pilots and it looks like that trend is continuing with a lot of corporate outfits that pay substantially more than fractionals. Im very optimistic that things are on a strong upward trend.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back