• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is one thing that is being left out, avantair doesn't make money. Their books are public. SWA on the other hand has obviously done very well, thus WAY more job security. Avantair's investors at some point are going to want to see a return on their investment. ie, no job security there. My guess is they get lucky and get bought out, or go belly up in the near future.

BTW aftcg, the fuel hedge does not run out. SWA has a lot of very intelligent people whose job is dedicated to nothing but buying futures. My guess is they will be very well hedged for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
What happened?

a year or two ago you Avantair puppies were on here boasting about how great this company was and how great of a company you work for and how great your ass backwards turboprop was???

WTF happened?

What happened?

a year or two ago you Avantair puppies were on here boasting about how great this company was and how great of a company you work for and how great your ass backwards turboprop was???

WTF happened?

Hmmm... I don't recall boasting. I think I've been very candid. As best I can recall, so has everybody else. This place ain't perfect. I'll be happy to concede that. What's happened is that the schedule is not what it used to be. The president of the company has told us that as of the end of June 7&7 will again be an option, although only one of several. We shall see. I like it here, but no one is claiming that it is paradise. I hope it improves. If we can make the shareholders happy, and make the employees happy, one and all, then we will be doing good. We are not quite there yet. I have faith that one day we will be.

What happened?

WTF happened?

This puppy still thinks it great. It seems like it would be in poor taste to boast when the others are furloughing. So I guess that's what happened, everyone else furloughed. Why would you want to rub that in their face?

Try to not be a jerk, that's my motto.

I took a look at Avantair............once. Seeing their payscale was enough. Granted, it is probably better than being unemployed, but how does anyone with a family live off that scratch? Avantair will be hiring alot of folks in the next 1-2 years as the pilot market slowly rebounds.

BTW - it's hard to believe some are even remotely trying to compare Avantair to SW - but thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I don't recall boasting. I think I've been very candid. As best I can recall, so has everybody else. This place ain't perfect. I'll be happy to concede that. What's happened is that the schedule is not what it used to be. The president of the company has told us that as of the end of June 7&7 will again be an option, although only one of several. We shall see. I like it here, but no one is claiming that it is paradise. I hope it improves. If we can make the shareholders happy, and make the employees happy, one and all, then we will be doing good. We are not quite there yet. I have faith that one day we will be.

Nice post Waco

Hopefully it will work out for you and all of your co workers! I wish you the best.

BTW - it's hard to believe some are even remotely trying to compare Avantair to SW - but thanks for the laugh.

Whatever it is that you fly MUST be a single-pilot aircraft. With that ego there can't possibly be room for anyone else.

Latest resources

Back