• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Make no mistake, if CA does go out of business, it will have done so due to poor business decisions, not the fact that a union was voted in. I don't know anything about Avantair, but I suspect the same there.

X

CA was in that financial state and still going. The union got voted in and immediately CA announced it would wind down its operations. Seems logical to assume one had everything to do with the other.

Disclosure...In general, I'm not a fan of unions. They encouraged members to vote for Obama and take advantage of their members so that a few leaders can lead the good life. That story is for another day.

In CitationAir's case, it is extremely doubtful that a pilot's union was a factor in their demise. Textron and Cessna possess considerable experience dealing with organized labor and having a few rabble rousing pilots carping about how they feel mistreated isn't going to impact their mgmt process.

Cessna has been sucking wind for almost 5 years now. They replaced the CEO a year so ago and Textron took a look at the business units to determine if they made sense. CitationAir didn't fit in their plans and they chose to go in a different direction.

Did the union organizing efforts weigh in on their decision...maybe...but they had probably already decided and the union talks just confirmed to them that they were going in the right direction.

It is obvious you enjoy debating G4, you come here, get beat up and keep coming back for more... You are tenacious my friend..

I agree with about 80% of what you said, I just don't have the energy and desire to come here and argue.

Last edited:
Disclosure...In general, I'm not a fan of unions. They encouraged members to vote for Obama and take advantage of their members so that a few leaders can lead the good life. That story is for another day.

In CitationAir's case, it is extremely doubtful that a pilot's union was a factor in their demise. Textron and Cessna possess considerable experience dealing with organized labor and having a few rabble rousing pilots carping about how they feel mistreated isn't going to impact their mgmt process.

Cessna has been sucking wind for almost 5 years now. They replaced the CEO a year so ago and Textron took a look at the business units to determine if they made sense. CitationAir didn't fit in their plans and they chose to go in a different direction.

Did the union organizing efforts weigh in on their decision...maybe...but they had probably already decided and the union talks just confirmed to them that they were going in the right direction.

Just wondering. How much does the union-busting firm pay you to spew your s**t on here? Do they adequately compensate you for the loss of your soul? Does it still hurt a little inside, or have you gotten over that?

Just wondering. How much does the union-busting firm pay you to spew your s**t on here? Do they adequately compensate you for the loss of your soul? Does it still hurt a little inside, or have you gotten over that?

Do you practice your dribble in front of a mirror to see how silly you sound?

CA was in that financial state and still going. The union got voted in and immediately CA announced it would wind down its operations. Seems logical to assume one had everything to do with the other.

No it does not seem logical to anyone who has any real information about the situation.

The whole truth may never be known about why Cessna/Textron decided to do what they are doing now. Whatever it is, it can't be the Union because there is no CBA yet. The company can unilaterally do as they please during negotiations for a first CBA. CA's management is free to do whatever they want again because the status quo with its incumbent restrictions ended as soon as the elections were won by the Union. Since there is no contract of any kind yet, they can do what they want, when they want to do it.

The fact that you don't know that or if you do, you are obviously unable to figure out its meaning, exposes you as a hack. A dumber as a fence post hack.

Please just go on stuffing your fat face at Papadoux or wherever with your buddies and leave the grown up problems to those who actually know what is going on.

No it does not seem logical to anyone who has any real information about the situation.

The whole truth may never be known about why Cessna/Textron decided to do what they are doing now. Whatever it is, it can't be the Union because there is no CBA yet. The company can unilaterally do as they please during negotiations for a first CBA. CA's management is free to do whatever they want again because the status quo with its incumbent restrictions ended as soon as the elections were won by the Union. Since there is no contract of any kind yet, they can do what they want, when they want to do it.

The fact that you don't know that or if you do, you are obviously unable to figure out its meaning, exposes you as a hack. A dumber as a fence post hack.

Please just go on stuffing your fat face at Papadoux or wherever with your buddies and leave the grown up problems to those who actually know what is going on.

Maybe I am wrong, but the timing of Citation Air's demise seems awfully suggestive. Thanks for the courteous tone, by the way. Do you actually think everyone who disagrees with you about unions has an ulterior motive? I guess that belief keeps you from actually thinking on your own, examining your own assumptions.

It is obvious you enjoy debating G4, you come here, get beat up and keep coming back for more... You are tenacious my friend..

I agree with about 80% of what you said, I just don't have the energy and desire to come here and argue.

Yeah, well, my friend gutshotdraw and a few others are worth the effort. Actuallly, pretty much everybody here means well, they just get a little cranky sometimes. I have learned a lot here, even from my detractors. They are certainly knowledgeable, but their conclusions don't match mine. It is still fun to discuss things here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back