• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, I expect Avantair to go out of business within the year, the final straw being the union vote, just like CA.

Yes, for years, many predicted FLOPS would not survive because of the Union too. This expectation turned out to be complete and utter nonsense. Similarly, CA's current situation has nothing to do with having voted in a Union and everything to do with incompetent management that drove the place into the ground systematically, and even there the fat lady has not begun to sing yet (even though you may hear her warming up...)

AvantAir will be fine if they are successful in addressing their own internal management issues. If that fails, they may go down, but it will have absolutely nothing to do with having a Union representing the pilots or not. There is just no correlation between those two things no matter how much Union haters want there to be.

It doesn't even make sense...

If I were a passenger I'd want the union pilots who can't be pressured into flying when they shouldn't be ... because they are afraid to get fired if refuse

Like the non-union Flex crew who ran one off the end on 5000ft long CGF yesterday, in the middle of a snow/sleet/ice/rain storm... I wonder why they even attempted to land there, with CLE right next door? Humm??

Your right on. I've said for years, I will never put my family in the back of a non-union airline.

Shouldn't have to worry about the non union airlines...isn't Jet Blue about the only one?

Safest (of 60 ranked airlines)
1) Finnair
2) Air New Zealand
3) Cathay Pacific
4) Emirates
5) Etihad Airways
6) EVA Air
7) Tap Portugal
8 ) Hainan Airlines
9) Virgin Australia
10) British Airways

Notable North American Rankings
#14 JetBlue
#21 Southwest
#25 Air Canada
#28 Delta
#31 United
#42 American
#44 US Airways
#45 Alaska Airlines

http://www.jacdec.de/jacdec_safety_ranking_2012.htm

Last edited:
Like the non-union Flex crew who ran one off the end on 5000ft long CGF yesterday, in the middle of a snow/sleet/ice/rain storm... I wonder why they even attempted to land there, with CLE right next door? Humm??

Your right on. I've said for years, I will never put my family in the back of a non-union airline.

Well contaminated runway is my biggest concern in this business ... considering the airports and quality of reporting we get some places.

Gimme a turboprop anyday for contaminated fields

Shouldn't have to worry about the non union airlines...isn't Jet Blue about the only one?

Safest (of 60 ranked airlines)
1) Finnair
2) Air New Zealand
3) Cathay Pacific
4) Emirates
5) Etihad Airways
6) EVA Air
7) Tap Portugal
8 ) Hainan Airlines
9) Virgin Australia
10) British Airways

Notable North American Rankings
#14 JetBlue
#21 Southwest
#25 Air Canada
#28 Delta
#31 United
#42 American
#44 US Airways
#45 Alaska Airlines

http://www.jacdec.de/jacdec_safety_ranking_2012.htm

Wow, you were right on top of that, with statistics and everything.

It's almost like you do this for a living.

Latest resources

Back