Avantair Stock Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jolimon

I just received an email from the Company announcing that all employees have received stock options. We all are going to recieve a letter over the next few days. Love this job

It just gets better.

So instead of giving you a competitive pay wage (real money and real cost), we are going to dangle 10k of options that you buy and then you cash in in a later date, proably not next pay check for some amount, and the whole time you hope the stock price goes above your strike price to cash in. And did they tell you management writes their own options, and I can assure you, their's will be better then yours. Carrots on a stick as we pull the cart.

So instead of giving you a competitive pay wage (real money and real cost), we are going to dangle 10k of options that you buy and then you cash in in a later date, proably not next pay check for some amount, and the whole time you hope the stock price goes above your strike price to cash in. And did they tell you management writes their own options, and I can assure you, their's will be better then yours. Carrots on a stick as we pull the cart.

Gosh, now that you put it that way I think it's just horrible that the company did such a dirty low down trick like that. Maybe I'll call Mr Santo right now and make sure he knows I hate carrots! Just like an FO we used to have here that complained when the management gave them a raise simply because the FO's were not consulted prior to giving them a raise. Sflax, believe it or not there really are silver linings, you only have to adjust your attitude to be able to see them.

Stock options could be a nice long-term benefit to Avantair employees. However, I suggest you all acquaint yourselves with various ESOP plans. Depending on how yours is structured, it may not be the great benefit it appears to be at first glance. If you're being give an opportunity to "buy in to" the stock options, the company may actually be using those proceeds as a form of financing and to prop up their books.

TINSTAAFL.

So if they give you a bonus in stock, you pay a the taxes, get limitations on when you can sell it and then maybe when you can sell it, it is worth more then your strike price, they pay nothing, but the price of the paper. So again, when are wages going to be competitive?

Sflax= jealous. Sorry my man maybe your employer will do the same for you. Sorry to make you angry at your situation. In your opinion it would be better if we didn't benefit from the upside of the company. Ask the southwest guys they may say something different

Jealous, hardly. I know that my pay check is based on money that I can spend today. FYI - I get both at my company, a real pay check that pays me what I work and a piece of the action. But I would never say my options are part of my income. Just like per diem is part of income.

Latest resources

Back